Katakolon Shore Excursion: Ancient Olympia Plus Honey Farm & Olive Oil Tasting
This private small group half-day tour from the port of Katakolon will take you to Ancient Olympia, the playground of the Gods and heroes of Greek mythology and where the Olympic flame is lit for each Olympiad.
Go off-the-beaten-path into a farm filled with fruit trees and vegetables and find Greek hospitality.
This blessed land is home to one of the finest agricultural produce in the country. Discover the products of the olive tree, the symbol of immortality and wisdom on a free olive oil and wine tasting experience.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Small group tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned van
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Olive oi tasting at a local market and honey/local delicacies tasting
- Entry/Admission - Klio's Honey Farm
- Entry/Admission - Padelina Shopping Center
What's excluded :
- Certified Guide by the Greek Ministry of Tourism within the Olympic site
- Entrance fees at the Olympic site (12 euros pp)
- Entry/Admission - The Travel Insiders - high standard Travel Services in Greece
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Travel Insiders - high standard Travel Services in Greece, Epar. Odos Pyrgos - Katakolon, Κατάκολο 270 67, Greece
A family-run business that runs on daily basis private and small group tours from the port of Katakolon.
Acredited by the Greek Ministry of Tourism
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Visit the birthplace of the Olympic games, Ancient Olympia like an Insider. Step back in time and feel what makes the area a unique destination to millions of people around the world.
Being the site that hosted one of the seven wonders of the Ancient world, nowadays is included in the catalogue “Monuments of World Heritage of UNESCO”.
It is the area where the ceremony of the lighting of the olympic torch takes place.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Klio's Honey Farm, Ancient Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Go off-the-beaten track and visit a local farmhouse to experience the Greek hospitality and try one of the best honey and delicacies of the area
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Padelina Shopping Center, Fanaras 270 65, Greece
A unique experience where one may learn all about the Greek olive oil and the olives in Greece. Tickle your taste buds by tasting some of the most famous products of the Greek land.
A all-in-one experience by visiting a local market collaborating with producers of the area.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
At the central gate of the port of Katakolon, by the sign "JOHN LATSIS, PORT OF KATAKOLON"Sign - THE TRAVEL INSIDERSPorts
- Katakolo Port, Katakolo 270 67, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Senior pricing applies to travelers within the EU
- A COPY of current valid passport is required on the day of travel for seniors and under 18yo
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.