Katakolon Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Ancient Olympia and Archeological Site
When your cruise docks in the Katakolon port, take a private shore excursion to Olympia, where you’ll discover its famous archeological site on a walking tour. Ancient Olympia is the sanctuary of ancient Greece, where the classical Olympic Games were held. See the remains of the original Olympic stadium, the Bouleuterion and the Temple of Zeus. Enjoy free time in modern Olympia to shop or visit the Museum of the Olympic Games. As you explore with your private tour guide, you are sure to make the most of your time in port and have a memorable, personal experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle and professional driver
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (approx. 12 euros)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Olympia is an ancient site on Greece's Peloponnese peninsula that hosted the original Olympic Games, founded in the 8th century B.C. Its extensive ruins include athletic training areas, a stadium and temples dedicated to the gods Hera and Zeus. The Archaeological Museum of Olympia exhibits finds from the site, including a statue of Hermes attributed to the sculptor Praxiteles.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
Enjoy a short stop at the town of Olympia where free time for shopping will be given before returning back to the port
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the local service provider at least 48hrs before tour to be informed on the exact pickup time (meeting point will be provided on your confirmation voucher)Ports
- Katakolon port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children who do not occupy a seat are free of charge. Children who occupy a seat and are up to 11 years old, benefit from a discount
- Ancient Olympia, the Archeological Site and the Museum of the Olympic Games might be closed on Sundays and bank holidays
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- - To avoid congestion, vehicle seats will always be in abundance comparing to group comparing to group's size. -Passengers will always have to carry their own protection masks during the activity
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.