Kaunas Modernism Architecture Tour
Modernism architecture of interwar period Kaunas emerged between 1919-1939. In only 20 years around 12,000 buildings were built.
In the beginning of 20th century Kaunas was not very well developed. There was no water or drainage system. Lots of poverty. Everything changed when Lithuania lost the capital and Kaunas became the only temporary capital in the world.
In this walking tour you'll learn about the history of interwar period of Lithuania and visit the most iconic buildings of Modernism architecture. Come along. We have plenty of stories to tell.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vytautas the Great War Museum, K. Donelaichio g. 64, Kaunas 44248 Lithuania
One of the most iconic buildings.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Lietuvos paštas, Laisvės al. 102, Kaunas 44001, Lithuania
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Christ's Resurrection Church, Žemaičių g. 31A, Kaunas 44175, Lithuania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.