Kayak Adventure in the Second Largest Swamp of Trinidad and Tobago
The Caroni Swamp is an estuarine system comprising 5,611 hectares of mangrove forest and herbaceous marsh, interrupted by numerous channels, and brackish and saline lagoons, and with extensive intertidal mudflats on the seaward side.
The central section of the acreage is designated as a wildlife sanctuary and is the home of one of Trinidad and Tobago’s national bird, the Scarlet Ibis. The Caroni Swamp is the major roosting place for the Scarlet Ibis(Eudocimus ruber) and is also the home of over 100 avian species.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- LIGHT REFRESHMENT WILL BE PROVIDED
- Lifejacket and Kayak.
- Port of Spain Pick-up and drop-off
- Admission - Caroni Swamp
What's excluded :
- Pickup out of Port Of Spain Area will have an extra cost $40 USD
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Caroni Swamp, St. Ann's, Port of Spain Trinidad
Experience the wonders of the Caroni Bird Sanctuary by kayaking with us and enjoying the rich and diverse wetland while navigating through the various waterways of the Caroni Swamp.
The Tour Guide will accompany you to see open lagoons, waterways and various wildlife with the highlight of the roosting of the spectacular Scarlet Ibis at dusk.
On our return we will board an open flat bottomed boat to the boat base – this boat will also transport our kayaks.
If you good in Kayaking you have the option to Kayak back to the base
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Caroni Bird Sanctuary, 65 Orange Grove Rd, Trinidad and Tobago
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup out of Port Of Spain Area will have an extra cost $40 USD. for the driver.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face mask to be used at all times in the vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.