Kayaking with Dolphins in Byron Bay Guided Tour
Paddle with dolphins and go kayaking with the experts on a Byron Bay sea kayak tour. See bottlenose dolphins and look out for whales and turtles as you paddle through Cape Byron Marine Park. Learn about the local environment from local sea and surf experts, and enjoy all-you-can-eat Tim Tam chocolate biscuits on the beach. All safety gear is included, and your kayaking with dolphins tour suits beginner and expert kayakers alike.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Safety gears
- Wetsuits (upon request)
- All-you-can-eat Tim-Tams
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Join your local surfer guide as you take to the water in a two-person, sit-on-top-style sea kayak, designed for stability and easy operation.
Paddling through the calm waters of the Byron Bay marine park, look out for the local pod of 300 resident dolphins, including Pacific and common dolphins.
While paddling, you might also see turtles and migrating humpback whales as you listen to your guide's expert commentary on Byron Bay's history, geography and local highlights, including the famous Byron Bay lighthouse. Also hear interesting facts about Byron Bay's dolphins and other wildlife, and stories from the area's Aboriginal history.
Ride through Byron Bay's legendary surf with your expert guide, and enjoy up-close encounters with local bottlenose dolphins. Then stop off at a pristine beach for morning or afternoon tea of coffee, tea, Milo or water and Tim Tam chocolate biscuits.
All safety gear included, along with wetsuits if required. Dolphin sightings are guaranteed on your kayak tour, but if you don't see any dolphins you can enjoy a free return tour.
Departure Point :Cape Byron Kayaks, Opposite, 62 Lawson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 years and under
- Please bring: sun protection, waterproof camera, water bottle and a towel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Covid-19 Procedures: All travellers will be required to provide their contact details for contact tracing, upon arrival all travelers and staff will be temperature checked as well as additional cleaning of gear provided.
- In booking this tour I acknowledge that I and everyone in my group (if applicable): • Is aware that this is a tour in the open ocean and even if I/we cannot swim are confident in the open water • I/We has a reasonable level of fitness and ability to paddle my/our own kayak • We acknowledge that an inability to paddle my own kayak in moderate conditions is not a reason for a refund. Cape Byron Kayaks can cater for non-swimmers however if you are unable to swim we recommend you call us before booking. Failure to do so may incur penalties.
- Most travelers can participate
- I understand that this tour will proceed in the rain.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.