KeuKen ethnic park and city tours
Operation and Minimum:
September 2018 to April 2019: Scheduled departures to consult or with a minimum of 2 passengers (check departures out of season or if it does not meet the minimum required)
Departures: 08:30, 10:30, 14:00 hrs from passenger hotels
Duration: 3.5 to 4 hours in total (2 hours of walking approx)
Includes: Shared transportation, entrance, Spanish-English guide in the Park
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Reenact with our ancestors walking along a timeline that will take you to know the regional history of Patagonia.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The service begins by picking up passengers at their respective hotels in Punta Arenas to travel to the San Fernando Depot located 42 km south of the city. There are 18 stations that recreate the habitats of the Tehuelches Indians, who occupied for hundreds of years the continental part of Patagonia, and the KawÃ©sqar, a canoe town that lived in the Patagonian channels.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The visitor is accompanied by a guide who recounts historical details and shows the seasons with the sculptures to life size. At the beginning of the trip, the guide passes a totem to each visitor for the road. The first stop is a circular wooden portal; There in the middle there is a bonfire, and each person sits around, while the guide tells them about the Tehuelche gods.
To follow, the visitor must paint the white face. It is the requirement, the sign of belonging of the tehuelches. Then, in the open, one learns how the Tehuelches hunted guanacos and Ã±andÃºes, with arrows and boleadoras, with stones that worked and attached to leather cords. In the "Mirador del Estrecho" you can see the distant sea by means of a telescope. It is the closest thing to the feeling that the natives had when they saw the first settlers who hoisted the Chilean flag.
Departure Point :Salida, acomodation o Puerto de ubicaciÃÂ³n en la Ciudad de Punta Arenas
Departure Time :08:30, 10:30, 14:00 hrs
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring warm clothing
- To advise if they are going to have lunch in the Park to make a reservation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.