Khong Toei, A Day as a Changemaker, Bangkok (Joined tour)
Having been stuck with negative labels for so long, Khlong Toei Community is associated with some certain words. However, Klong Toei is simply a community. Before exploring Klong Toei with Local Alike, keep your mind open to be able to perceive the community the way it really is.
per adult from
What's included :
- Landing and facility fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Travel Insurance
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Duang Prateep Foundation (มูลนิธิดวงประทีป)
- Entry/Admission - Khlong Toei Pier
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duang Prateep Foundation (มูลนิธิดวงประทีป), เลขที่ 34 ซอย ถนนอาจณรงค์ ล็อค 6,แขวง คลองเตย เขต คลองเตย กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110 Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
09.00 am. Meeting point MRT Queen Shirikiti convention center Exit 4. Take TUK TUK or Taxi to Duang Prateep Foundation, Khlong Toei community.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Khlong Toei Pier, แขวง คลองเตย, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
09.30 am. Arrive at the community, get warm welcome from the community’s representative. Enjoy snack and herbal drinks prepared by the locals. Listen to the story of Khlong Toei community from the representative. Explore the community’s lifestyle.
Finish with community blog 4-5-6. Walk along the railway. Visit a furniture factory with reasonable price whose working area is on railway tracks. Get to know the locals on both sides of the railway.
Follow by community blog 1-2-3. Explore the community and experience local lifestyle 70 rai of Pattana Community.
Visit the local morning market and pay respect to Chao Phor Phra Pra Daeng Shrine.
12.00 pm. Lunch in the community.
01.00pm. Participate in ‘Roi Malai Dok Mali’ activity (make jasmine garlands). Making jasmine garlands is one of the community’s profession. Khlong Toei is one of the biggest flower garland producers of Bangkok. This activity offers you lesson, taught by the locals, and a chance to make your own flower garlands for you to take home as souvenirs.
02.00 pm. Enjoy snacks. Converse and discuss with the locals to promote the community.
03.00 pm. Say goodbye to Khlong Toei community at Duang Prateep Foundation. Drop off at MRT Queen Shirikiti convention center.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Departure Time :6/10/2019 - 10/5/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.