Khonoma Day Trip
Explore India’s first Green Village; Khonoma and witness the village lifestyle with an experienced guide who will take you to the village and hear it’s stories.
Khonoma is an Angami Naga village located about 20 km west from the state capital, Kohima. The village is referred to as Khwuno-ra.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Khonoma Village
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khonoma Village, Khonoma India
We start the tour by 9:00 am, a local guide along with vehicle to pick you from your hotel.
Khonoma is located in 16kms away from Kohima, surrounded by rocky but green forest, should take us an hour drive. We shall stop by the memorial of a top Naga Patriot among the numerous ones and enter the scenic legendary village of Khonoma. A village that continue to safeguard its ecosystem and biodiversity through community efforts in conservation and traditional knowledge.
The locally guided village walk upon stone crafted paths, visit historical forts & traditional houses and community gathering places which prove the ancestors bravery and defence system against enemy & the British since the end of the 19th century.
We shall have some lunch in the village restaurant.
After lunch we will begin the return to Kohima with a walk through the village to glance the vegetation in the mist of alder trees, and if you’re lucky enough; the semi-wild Mithuns which are famous & highly prized locally can be seen grazing or coming downhill.
This concludes our day trip and we will be starting by 3pm to return on a countryside ride to your Kohima hotel.
This concludes our day trip.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.