Kids & Families Tower of London & Tower Bridge Private Tour w/ Blue Badge Guide
An unmissable opportunity to see two of London's most famous and iconic landmarks in one unforgettable, kid-friendly tour.
Your guide, with a wealth of experience leading tours for families with children, will meet you just outside the Tower of London, and from there you will proceed to visit such celebrated attractions as the White Tower, the Bloody Tower and the Royal Menagerie, as well as meeting the Tower's famous guardians, the Beefeaters! From there, you will take a short walk across to Tower Bridge, possibly London's most recognisable landmark of all! If you're lucky, you might see the bridge being raised in order to allow a ship through to the Pool of London Docks, and you will certainly have fun learning all about its history and how it works. Your tour will be completed by the breathtaking panoramic views you can see from the bridge's walkways.
An unforgettable experience in a truly great city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Pre-booked admission tickets to the Tower of London
- Pre-booked admission tickets to Tower Bridge
- Blue Badge Guide
- Kid-Friendly Guide
- Professional Guide
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
- Entry/Admission - Tower Bridge
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport tickets
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB England
Your kid-friendly, expert guide will meet you just outside the Tower of London, and from there you will start your exploration of this 900-year-old castle and fortress, which is notable for housing the crown jewels and for holding many notorious prisoners. The Tower is one of the most iconic attractions in the UK's capital city.
Standing on the banks of the River Thames in central London, work on the tower was first initiated by William the Conqueror in the 11th century, and the complex has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1988, for its significance in relation to history, culture, and architecture.
Your guide will entertain kids and adults alike, capturing your attention with fascinating stories and legends about the Tower of London, including its famous residents, the ravens. It is said that should the ravens ever leave the Tower, the Kingdom of England will fall.
You will see many of the most important places in the fortress, such as the White Tower, the Medieval Tower, the Royal Mint, Tower Green, the Royal Menagerie and the Bloody Tower, so-called because it is believed to be the site of the murder of the famous "Princes in the Tower". Another of the Tower's highlights is the Crown Jewels, comprising the finest treasures of British Monarchy.
During the tour you will also meet the guards of the Tower of London, the Yeomen Warders, popularly known as the “Beefeaters”. Formally, they are responsible for looking after any prisoners at the Tower and safeguarding the British crown jewels, though their role today is primarily ceremonial.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 2UP England
From their, you will take a short walk to perhaps London's most famous and universally recognised landmark, Tower Bridge.
The bridge was built over 120 years ago in order to ease traffic congestion problems while maintaining river access to the Pool of London docks. It is still a working bridge, and registered vessels with a mast or superstructure of around 9 metres or more can request that the bridge be raised at any time of day or night. This occurs around 850 times every year.
Your expert, child-friendly guide will make sure that you and your family enjoy finding out all about the history of the bridge, and you will be taken onto the new glass floor as well as across the high-level walkways from where you will enjoy breathtaking views across the city. Your guide will also take you to the Victorian Engine Rooms, where you can see the beautiful steam engines which used to drive the bridge lifts.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Great Tower St, Tower, London EC3R 5BT, UK
Return Detail :Tower Bridge, United Kingdom
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- There are a large number of steps throughout the Tower with cobbles laid in some of the surfaces and pathways. There are some low doorways.
- If you get there by taxi, as the Welcome Centre is on a pedestrian street, tell the driver to drop you off on Petty Wales.
- Nearest undergroud station is Tower Hill
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes
- Parts of the Tower are not pushchair friendly due to the cobbled ground. Buggy parks are located in few areas.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.