Kilimanjaro Climbing - 8 Days Lemosho Route
The Lemosho Route is a remote, less commonly used and beautiful way up the mountain. Because of its length, it gives best opportunity for acclimatization. Lemosho starts at Londorossi Gate, below the Shira Plateau, and treks through the rain forest of West Kilimanjaro to Shira 1 Camp. This route traverses the vast Shira Plateau, awarding scenic views. This plateau was actually formed where the first of Kilimanjaro's volcanoes erupted, and was later filled in from the larger Kibo eruption.
On day four of this trek, climbers meet up with the Machame Route around the Lava Tower. From there, hike down into the Barranco Valley, ascend the Great Barranco Wall, and traverse underneath Kilimanjaro's Southern Ice field.
Upon arrival to Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be met and transferred for overnight stay at your hotel. Your head guide will meet you for your briefing, gear check and make an arrangement for you to hire any equipment you may need.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport from & to Kilimanjaro Airport to your accommodation in Moshi
- Two nights of accommodation
- Park entry fees and camping fees
- Accommodation equipments while on mountain
- Professional mountain guides, cook and porters
- 3 meals daily and water while on mountain
- Fair treatment of our whole crew
- Emergency first-aid kit with all facilities to keep you safe
What's excluded :
- All meals at your hotel
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items and tips for guides, porters and cook
DAY 1: MOSHI - LONDROSSI GATE – MTI MKUBWA CAMP| RAINFORST
Trekking Time: 3 hours | Distance: 7 km | Altitude Gain: 360m.
DAY 2: MTI MKUBWA CAMP – SHIRA I CAMP| MOORLAND
Trekking Time: 6-7 hours | Distance: 10 km | Altitude Gain: 755m.
DAY 3: SHIRA I CAMP –SHIRA HUT| MOORLAND
Trekking Time: 3-4 hours | Distance: 8 km | Altitude Gain: 305m.
DAY 4: SHIRA HUT – LAVA TOWER – BARRANCO CAMP| SEMI DESERT
Trekking Time: 6-7 hours | Distance: 10 km | Altitude Gain: 50m.
DAY 5: BARRANCO CAMP – KARANGA CAMP| ALPINE DESERT
Trekking Time: 3-4 hours | Distance: 6 km | Altitude Gain: 140m.
DAY 6: HIKE KARANGA CAMP – BARAFU CAMP| ALPINE DESERT
Trekking Time: 2-4 hours | Distance: 4 km | Altitude Gain: 600m.
DAY 7: BARAFU CAMP – SUMMIT| GLACIERS
Trekking Time: 6-8 hours | Distance: 7 km| Altitude Gain: 1296m.
Descending . Trekking Time: 6-8 hours | Distance: 12 km | Altitude Loss: 2896m.
DAY 8: MWEKA CAMP – MWEKA GATE – MOSHI| RAIN FOREST
Trekking Time: 4-5 hours | Distance: 10 km | Altitude Loss: 1360m.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel around Moshi town.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.