Kilimanjaro Day Trip from Moshi
Majestic Mount Kilimanjaro is the awe-inspiring landmark of Tanzania but you don’t need to climb it to experience its full beauty and the captivating terrain that surrounds it. Our Sneak Peek of the Peak Hike is a Kilimanjaro day trip that gives you the opportunity to scramble up the first leg of the famed Marangu Route, through rainforest twittering with birdlife and chattering, curious blue monkeys. Watch out for a colobus or two!
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
KILIMANJARO DAY TRIP
Marangu Gate (1,800m/5,905ft) to Mandara Hut (2,743m/9,000ft) Elevation Gain: 915 meters, 3,000 feet
Leave bustling, colorful Moshi early for the drive to Marangu Gate, the threshold of magnificent Kilimanjaro. It’s just an hour’s drive, but you’ll be captivated by the countryside – coffee and banana plantations, through picturesque Marangu village, with Kilimanjaro rising majestically ahead of you.
We’ll register you at the Marangu Gate (because we don’t want to lose you!) and then your adventure will begin. At first, the ridged trail is narrow as you wander through the rainforest. It’s lush and misty, with the trees adorned with moss. The canopy overhead is alive with birdsong and strange rustlings – is that a colobus? Mongoose might scuttle ahead of you. You’ll also meet tired hikers descending from the summit. Give them a high five for effort.
The hike to Mandara Hut is around three hours so stop to rest your legs and have a tasty lunch at the Hut and once you’ve replenished yourself, take the short but challenging walk to the Maundi Crater. On a clear day, the views to the east over Taveta and to the northwest to Mawenzi Peak are stunning. Don’t forget your camera! After basking in the beauty of it, you’ll hike back down to the Marangu Gate where our vehicle will be waiting for you to drive you, tired but happy, back to Moshi. This Kilimanjaro day hike is suitable for most people, even if you’re a little unfit!
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Moshi Bus Stand, Aga Khan Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.