Kohima Day Trip
Explore Kohima and experience the sights with an experienced guide who will take you through the city and it’s stories.
Kohima is the hilly capital city of India's north eastern state of Nagaland. With a resident population of 99,039 it is the second largest city in the state. Originally known as Kewhira, the town of Kohima was founded in 1878 when the British Empire established its headquarters of the then Naga Hills.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kohima War Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - Kohima Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kohima War Cemetery, 39 Nh, Kohima India
Visit the 2nd World War Cemetery
We start our day tour of Kohima by 9:00 am, a local guide along with vehicle to pick you from your hotel.
Located in the hill slope centre of Kohima town, Britain’s Greatest Battle was fought here which is famously known as “Battle of Kohima”. The memorial remembers bloodshed of thousand soldiers who died during the altercation with the Japanese during World War II. The photographers in the group can capture the neatly maintained memorial.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kohima Museum, Kohima India
Visit to the Kohima Museum via Kohima Village
The Kohima museum located at Bayavü hill is a beautiful setup about the tribal Naga collection and mixture of historical photos, figures and cultural life, maintained by the Dept. of Art & Culture Government of Nagaland.
After exploring the hill memorials we head for lunch in the nearby local restaurants to taste the authentic Naga cuisine, Vegetarian or delicious South Indian and Chinese cuisine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kohima, Kohima, Kohima District, Nagaland
Street walk around Kohima local Market and City
Now that all of us ate the hunger away, it’s time to step in the city and explore. A street walk through the city to the markets of Kohima will give you the best chance to flow with the tribal Angami air, which reflects as the mirror of Nagaland.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catholic Church, Aradhurah Hill Near Little Flower School, Kohima India
The Catholic Cathedral & relax at nearby view point cafe.
After the city walk, drive up to one of the best viewpoints of Kohima where the Cathedral is situated. The mixture Naga, Indian & Japanese architectural design is beautifully blended, which serves as a house for peace and prayer.
We end our day at 4pm by dropping back to your hotel!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.