Kolkata Church Walk: Convergence of Different Faiths
Trace Kolkata’s rich history and what made it a point of convergence for different religions and faith to settle in. Explore the city’s rich history and architecture in a whole new light with this Church walk which will take you some of the most beautiful sites there are!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A private, live English speaking tour-guide.
- Tea and light breakfast (Kolkata style).
- Entry/Admission - Maghen David synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Armenian Holy Church Of Nazareth
- Entry/Admission - Beth El Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - St Andrews Church
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Additional Meals & beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maghen David synagogue, 109 Biplabi Rash Behari Basu Road Corner Braebourne Road and Canning Street, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Kolkata, the City of Joy, is also the city of a confluence of a different faith from around the World which have come and stayed for centuries and made this city rich in history, culture and architecture.
This Church walk will begin early in the morning at 8:00 AM from the meeting point at St. John Church where you will meet your guide.
Begin your walk with a visit to the breathtakingly beautiful Jewish Synagogues, the Maghen David and the Neve Shalom Synagogue. While the former is one of the biggest in Kolkata, the latter is the first one in the country and traces back the history of Baghdadi Jews in India. Get swooned by these beauties and interact with the local keepers who have a lot to tell you!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Armenian Holy Church Of Nazareth, 2 Armenian Street, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700001 India
Once you’re done here, follow your guide to visit the Armenian Church of Holy Nazareth, the center of the Armenian community in India. Believed to be the oldest church in India, it traces the rich history of the Armenian community. Explore its beautiful architecture including its graveyard which happens to have the oldest known grave!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Beth El Synagogue, 26 Pollock Street, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700001 India
Further up, visit the Beth El Synagogue, the third Jewish synagogue in the city and through the services of this synagogue have stopped now, you’ll be mesmerized by the interiors of this place which are exceptionally well-maintained! Get lost in the surroundings of this enchanting place with your guide as e tells you further about the architecture and history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St Andrews Church, 15, B. B. D. Bagh, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700001 India
Post this, move towards to the last stop, St. Andrews Church, the only Scottish Church in the city, this Church is a noble landmark and one of the heritage sites of the city. Explore this last stop before bidding goodbye to your guide.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.