Kosovo Day trip from Skopje
The driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel or any location of your preference in Skopje. This full day tour will start with a visit to a beautiful medieval monastery in Grachanica (90 km, approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes from Skopje), rebuilt in 1321 on the foundations of an Orthodox church from the 6th century. Then, we drive to Kosovo’s capital Prishtina (20 minutes from Grachanica). We will be able to visit the 26m high clock tower and the National Library. In the Independent House of Kosovo we will find out the story of the former president Ibrahim Rugova in the campaign for independence from Serbia, and see the Newborn Monument from 2008, when Kosovo declared its independence. Sultan Mehmet Fatih Mosque and Jashar Pasha Mosque are two beautiful Ottoman mosques and famous local attractions. Somewhere on the way, we will have lunch. In the end, we drive back to Skopje and will drop you off in any location of your preference in Skopje.
per adult from
What's included :
- All transfers with a comfortable A/C vehicle
- Pick-up from your hotel or any other preferred location in Skopje
- Professional English speaking guide/driver
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees in the museums and religious sites
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Gracanica Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Jashar Pasha's Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Fatih Mosque (Xhamia e Mbretit)
- Entry/Admission - Marble Cave
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gracanica Monastery, Gracanica Kosovo
Today, after a quite turbulent history, this monastery has become the most important spiritual, national, and political center of the Serbian people in Kosovo. Grachanica Monastery is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage and it is a Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance and protected by Serbia as a result of the unaccepted self-declared independence of Kosovo.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Mother Teresa Cathedral, Boulevard Bill Clinton n.n., Pristina 10000 Kosovo
The cathedral's construction sparked some controversy in Muslim circles where it was seen as outsized considering the small number of Catholics in the area. The cathedral is one of Pristina's tallest buildings.
Pass By: Pristina National Library, Square Hasan Prishtina nn, Pristina 10030 Kosovo
The mission of the library is to collect, preserve, promote, and make accessible the documentary and intellectual heritage of Kosovo. It holds exhibitions and holds an archive of national newspapers. The library also provides a number of other services. It is known for its unique history, and the style of the building designed by Croatian architect Andrija Mutnjaković, followed by controversies about the outside appearance of it.
Pass By: Newborn Monument, Rr. Luan Haradinaj, Pristina Kosovo
It was unveiled on 17 February 2008, the day that Kosovo formally declared its independence from Serbia. The monument consists of the English-language word "Newborn" in capital block letters, which were painted bright yellow when the sculpture was first revealed. The monument was later re-painted with the flags of the states that have recognized Kosovo.
Stop At: Jashar Pasha's Mosque, Ibrahim Lutfiu, Prishtinë
This mosque, which was fully renovated in 2015 as a gift from the Turkish government, has vibrant interiors that exemplify the Turkish baroque style.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fatih Mosque (Xhamia e Mbretit), Rr. Ilir Konushevci, Pristina Kosovo
The Imperial Mosque, also known as the Fatih Mosque, is built in 1461 by Sultan Mehmet II Fatih. The mosque was declared a Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1990 by the Republic of Serbia.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Marble Cave, Gadime e Poshtme
Gadime cave is located within the marble limestones belonging to the Mesozoic era. The cave is full of quite extraordinary crystallized stalagmites and stalactites that have formed over millions of years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Macedonia street, Macedonia St, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up at your hotel or any location of your preference in Skopje.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In this tour we are crossing the border with Kosovo. You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller,
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour operates in various weather conditions, please dress accordingly
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.