Kuang Si Waterfalls & Lao Buffalo Dairy Farm
Luang Prabang is more than its famous temples. The cascading flow of water from the Kuang Si Waterfall in the morning makes way for a visit to the Buffalo Dairy Farm in the afternoon. A day away into the countryside shows there is more than meets the eye
• Hike, relax or swim in around the Kuang Si Waterfall;
• Go and hug a buffalo while learning all there is to know;
• Enjoy a picnic lunch in the jungle outside Luang Prabang;
• Stop at the leading Bear Conservation Centre in Laos;
• A leisurely outing, away from Luang Prabang temple galore
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Picnic lunch (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Kuang Si Falls
- Entry/Admission - Laos Buffalo Dairy
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hmong Village School, Laos
In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel in Luang Prabang at around 8 am and drive around 30 kilometres in western direction (the drive will take approximately one hour). En route, we stop at the local Hmong Village of Ban Na Ouane where we witness the daily life of this ethnic Hmong ethnic hill tribe of the northern part of Laos.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kuang Si Falls, Luang Prabang 06000 Laos
From the main entrance to waterfall paradise, a short walk through the forest surrounding Kuang Si is home to a unique sustainable project – Laos’ leading bear conservation centre. Under the supervision of leading bear experts and volunteers, a non-profit centre has been established in Laos to protect the Asian bear population from extinction as a result of ongoing poaching of these furry animals.
The falls begin in shallow pools atop a steep hillside which leads to the main fall with a 50-meter, three-tiered cascade. The many cascades that result are typical of travertine waterfalls with beautiful scenery with an abundance of flora and fauna surround the area. A picnic lunch will be served with the sounds of water crashing down as your luncheon’s background tunes.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Laos Buffalo Dairy, Ban Muang Khay, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
In the afternoon, and only a 10-minute drive from Kuang Si, we head out to a community-supported project that revolves all around the buffalo. Still seen as one of the driving factors in the Laotian farmer's world, these gentle animals have proven to be behind one of the successes of Laos’ role in the agricultural sector. The afternoon is filled with activities surrounding the life of the buffalo and its multi-functional role in the agricultural industry. Local entrepreneurs have included other activities for visitors, including an extensive dairy farm and factory, a small farm with other animals, and a shop where proceedings from sales go straight back into the Lao Buffalo Dairy Farm.
After this visit, we drive back to Luang Prabang and expect to reach your hotel lobby at around 4 pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Luang Prabang. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kuang Si, along the Ou River, Nong Kiau and Luang Prabang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on your picnic box.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- Recommended to bring: change of clothing (2 sets), towel, swim wear and slippers / waterproof sandals.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.