Kushinagar where Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana
A tour to the holy place of "Kushinagar" which is the place where Lord Buddha passed away at this place near the Hiranyavati River. Many of its stupas and viharas date back to 230 BC-AD 413. 543 BC. The excavations has revealed some antique artifacts and structures related to all sects of Buddhism. Kushinagar also expresses the common thread of all sects of Buddhism through its magnificent Viharas, Chaityas, temples and Tibetan monasteries.
per adult from
10 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Driver along with the car
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Buddhist Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- local guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Buddhist Museum, Near Tibetan Temple, Kushinagar India
We will pick you from your Lucknow hotel/airport/railways station in the morning itself and get driven to Kushinagar (04 hours drive)
Nirvana Stupa and temple - This stupa made of bricks, stands at a height of 2.74 meter. The excavations leading to the finding of the copper vessel and the Brahmi inscription on it proving the matter that Buddhas ashes were buried in the pace, made this place a suddenly important destination for all Buddhists devotees. Besides, the huge reclining statue of Buddha in the temple is also very attractive.
Mahaparinirvana temple - This is more than 6 meters long statue of reclining Buddha. The image was unearthed during the excavations of 1876. Carved from Chunar sandstone, the statue represents the dying Buddha reclining on his right side.
Buddha - Kushinagar Wat Thai temple - The unique temple, built to celebrate the victory of King Bhumibol's great accession of the throne, and the subsequent Golden Jubilee, is worth a watch, especially because of the innumerable trees that were planted here.Besides, there's the Chinese temple, the Meditation Park and an International Buddha trust, and the Birla temple to add charm to roaming around in the city.
Ramabhar Stupa - About 1.5 km away from Mahaparinirvana Temple, this large Stupa rises to a height of 49 ft. It marks the site where the Lord Buddha was cremated. In ancient Buddhist texts, this Stupa has been referred to as 'Mukut-Bandhan Vihar'.
Japanese temple - A beautiful eight metals statue of the Buddha, which was brought from from Japan, can be visited here.
We will drop you back to your Lucknow hotel/airport/railways station in the evening itself
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Lucknow hotels/airport/railway station
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- An overnight stay can be arranged in Lucknow as Pre tour/post tour stay at additional price.
- Whole Buddhist tour itinerary can also be operated with prior contact/intimation from the guest
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.