Kyoto Tea Ceremony & Kiyomizu-dera Temple Walking Tour
- Discover Kyoto's special streets with their quaint atmosphere, as if you had time-slipped into ancient times.
Kiyomizuzaka is the name of an area that is composed of several streets with a traditional feel of Kyoto. In the area, we also take you to the most colorful temple in Kyoto called Yasakakoshindo.
- A variety of local street foods will take you to Kiyomizu-Dera
After that, we'll enjoy local snacks and foods there! We'll then visit the Kiyomizu-dera Temple. We'll also visit Otowa Waterfall, which brings you good luck. Let's try the Japanese way of worshipping together.
- Lead yourself into a world of an elegant and peaceful Tea Ceremony
Enjoy traditional-style tea ceremony with Japanese sweets in a sophisticated room surrounded by tea utensils.
Magical Trip is a local tour operator with the TripAdvisor certificate of excellence that offers various types of small-group tours throughout Japan! Check out our Trip Advisor Page for more tours and our reviews!
per adult from
What's included :
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple entrance fee
- Tea ceremony experience
- Snacks - 2-3 food samplings
- Photos during the tour
- 3 hours with a Kyoto local guide
What's excluded :
- additional food/drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yasaka Shrine, 625 Giommachi Kitagawa, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0073 Kyoto Prefecture
Meet up at Yasaka Shrine
Pass By: Yasaka Koshin-Do, 390 Kinencho, Higashiyama-ku across from Hokan-ji Pagoda, Kyoto 605-0828 Kyoto Prefecture
Take some pictures at photogenic spot
Pass By: Kiyomizu-dera Temple, 1-294 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0862 Kyoto Prefecture
Go to one of the most famous temples in Japan.
Pass By: Kiyomizu-Zaka Street, Kiyomizu, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0862 Kyoto Prefecture
Pass by Kiyomizu Zaka Street near Kiyomizu-dera Temple
Pass By: Sannenzaka Ninenzaka, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0001 Kyoto Prefecture
Pass by Sannennzaka Ninenzaka nearby Kiyomizu dera Temple
Departure Point :Yasaka-Jinja Shrine Nishiromon Gate, 625 Gionmachi Kitagawa, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, 605-0073, Japan
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- limit number of participants up to 9 people
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.