Lagoa do Fogo Shore Excursion
Have a great experience with a local guide and get to know one of the most amazing natural attractions of the Azores, the Lagoa do Fogo. This tour begins with a visit to the Pineapple plantations, followed by a stop in the historic center of the city of Ribeira Grande, where you can taste some traditional liqueurs. To finish our tour, we will visit in the center of the island, the majestic Lagoa do Fogo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Pick-up and drop-off at the Cruise Ship Terminal
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arruda Pineapple Plantation, Rua Doutor Augusto Arruda Faja de Baixo, Ponta Delgada, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel 9500-454 Portugal
The way Azores pineapples are grown is unique. They are grown in whitewashed glass greenhouses using the so-called “hot-bed” method, which seeks to recreate the natural conditions that are typical of the fruit’s naturally humid and hot climate.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ribeira Grande, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel, Azores
Visit historic center of Ribeira Grande, taste some liqueurs and chocolates with tradicional flavors;
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lagoa do Fogo, Miradouro da Serra Barrosa Agua de Pau, Sao Miguel Portugal
After Sete Cidades, Lagoa do Forgo is probably the most popular “bucket list” site on São Miguel Island. Lagoa do Fogo is located in the middle of the island high on a mountain – its the highest of São Miguel’s three crater lakes.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Miradouro do Pico da Barrosa, EN5-2A, 9680 Ribeira Grande, Portugal
One of the best places to see the magnificent Lagoa do Fogo, being a very high point, which also allows you to see the coast of the island, providing a breathtaking image.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pass by the cruise ship security post at the terminal port until you reach the welcome hall, this is the meeting point. We'll be waiting for you there with a sign with your name on it.Please do not walk outside of the terminal to look for your tour guide, they will wait for you inside the terminal;Ports
- Ponta Delgada Central, 9500-085 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.