Lahaul Spiti tour to see Highest Post Office, Village & Monastery i
This adventure filled tour gives you the opportunity to travel to some of most interesting and highest inhabited places in the world in a very short span of time. During this tour, you will visit the following places:
• Hikkim, highest post office in world, 4400 meters
• Komic, highest inhabited village with highest Buddhist monastery, 4587 meters.
• Ki monastery. A stunning work of human faith in form of a Buddhist monastery complex on a hill.
• Chandrataal Lake, one of most beautiful lakes in world at 4250 meters and camp nearby.
• Kibber, one of highest continuously inhabited places in the world.
And there are more like Kaza town, Langza, Kibber and more where you can spot rare wildlife like snow leopard, blue ibex, marmots, pika and more.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport in Innova, Rhyno, Balero or similar vehicle with driver.
- 4 nights accommodation in hotel, guesthouse and campsite wherever applicable.
- Driver's allowance, toll tax etc.
- Breakfast and dinner wherever applicable. Day 1 and will not have any breakfast and last day will not have any dinner.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Air or train tickets
- Insurance, Visa Fee, monument fee, inner line permits (for foreigners)
- Any fees for cameras at the monuments.
- Any change in prices due to taxes, fuel prices, hotels, etc.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Personal expenses like laundry, phone calls, snacks etc.
- Pickup and drop from other places like Delhi, Chandigarh and others etc will cost extra.
- The starting point of this road trip is Manali and an early start is preferable. Pickup can be offered from Bhuntar airport or further off places like Chandigarh or Delhi at applicable charges. The cultural significance of this trip is dwarfed only by the sheer natural beauty of this whole region.
• Day 1 - Early morning pickup from Manali and drive to Chandrataal Lake. Stay at camspite. You will pass Rohtang Pass, Kunzum La Pass, Chatru and Chota Darra in Lahaul along the way in about 7-9 hours..
• Day 2 - Drive to Kaza, check in at hotel and explore the little town on your own. Visit the temples, monastery and bazaars. Utilise this day for some physical rest as remaining days are going to be busy. You will stay in Kaza for a total of 3 nights.
• Day 3 - Visit Kibber, one of highest inhabited villages (4270 meters) and Ki monastery. It is not uncommon to spot some rare wildlife like snow leopards, ibex, blue sheep and a few others. The open areas near Kibber offer stunning views of river valley and gorges. You can also visit Chicham a very remote village which was accessible only by a ropeway before construction of a bridge in 2017.
• Day 4 - Visit Hikkim ad Komic to see highest post office, Buddhist monastery and village in world. You can buy a postcard and post it to your friends and families or maybe take a few back with you. Bringing your own pen is recommended. You can also visit some nearby places like Langza if there's time. Komic is one of holiest and most revered Buddhist monasteries and Dalai Lama himself has wished to spend more time there.
• Day 5 - Leave early morning to reach Manali by evening.
The itinerary is tentative one and subject to changes due to factors like road conditions, weather, availability etc. The route of this trip passes through some of the toughest terrain you will ever see. So road blockages and delays are possible.
Departure Point :Hotel pickup from Manali
Departure Time :Early morning start from Manali.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some accommodations may not have running water, electricity during certain times of year.
- Availability of desired hotel rooms is subject to occupancy. We will try to similar accommodation if original becomes unavailable for some reason.
- The itineraries are subject to change depending upon factors like weather, road conditions, availability and others.
- Customising this travel itinerary to include and exclude certain places is possible.
- There can be abrupt changes to aspects of tour like duration, stops, route and others at any time during the trip too.
- Any cost change due to any of factors will have to be borne by customers. Tour operator can not be held responsible for such events,
- Due to high altitude, visitors are recommended to get a full medical checkup done before they start the trip. Tour operator is not responsible for any injury or sickness for whatever reason.
- Please carry your plastic waste back with you. Don't leave it at destination.
- Cell phone coverage and medical service is not reliable in most areas.
- Last decision of company is final.
- By booking any service provided, the client agrees to terms and conditions mentioned above.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.