Lake Chala Day Trip
Your friendly guide will arrive at your accommodation armed with your tasty packed lunch. Then he or she will bustle you into the transport and drive you to Lake Chala Safari Camp. On the way you’ll journey through the everyday life of Moshi and on to the freeway, and you can spend a relaxing, comfortable hour-and-a-bit taking in the sights.
Lake Chala Safari Camp is a beautiful private game reserve overlooking Lake Chala. You’ll arrive there and our guide will take you down to the lakeside, through vividly green flora, with the blue, blue lake ahead of you. It gets quite rocky near the lake so wear sturdy footwear. It’s a stunning area perfect for hikers and birdwatchers, and in season you might be lucky enough to spot elephants gathering at a distant waterhole. Spend the day wandering the paths around the lake or across the nearby savannah, where you’re likely to see baboons, vervet monkeys and blue monkeys as well as (perhaps) the shy dik-dik and graceful kudu, too.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Park fees
- Driver guide
- Lunch box
- 1.5l bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Lake Chala
What's excluded :
- Personal items (Sturdy shoes, swim wear & towel)
- Gratuities / "tip" for guide
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Chala, Moshi Tanzania
Lake Chala Treasure Trail Day Trip
The tranquillity and peace of Lake Chala seem a thousand lifetimes away from the bustle of Moshi town, but it’s actually only an hour’s drive away, so perfect for a day trip with a difference. Lake Chala is a caldera lake fed by clean, cold underground streams from Kilimanjaro itself, and it’s renowned for its gloriously changing colours; from deepest turquoise to emerald green to azure and all colours in between. It’s a perfect place to relax and unwind and you’ve the choice of hiking the picture-perfect countryside around the lake, swimming in its sparkling waters (don’t forget your cozzie!) or kayaking across the border to Kenya. Or all three! It’s a day full of getting up close and personal to one of the greatest (and quietest) treasures of Tanzania.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Moshi Urban, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.