Landmannalaugar & Highlands of Iceland. Private Day Tour
Take this tour to Landmannalaugar, a region in the southern Icelandic plateau within the Fjallabak Nature Reserve. Landmannalaugar is a vast area of stunning and unique beauty in the heart of Iceland's southern highlands. It is one of the most popular summertime hiking and bathing spots in the natural hot springs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik
- Private tour for your party
- Driver/guide services
- Transportation by SUV
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hjalparfoss Iceland
Hjalparfoss (Waterfall of Help) or, officially, a pair of waterfalls that join where the rivers Fossa and Fjorsa meet and fall from the lava field at an angle of about 45 degrees from each other, from about the same height, and their cascades merge as they fall into a serene pool. The water that flows from Hjalparfoss feeds the second largest hydroelectric dam in the country, just downstream.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sigoldufoss, Fjallabaksleið Nyrðri, Iceland
Sigoldufoss Falls, one of the beasts of the landscape of the Icelandic highlands, was transformed during the construction of the hydroelectric power station. For centuries it has been part of the Tungna glacial river. When the Sigalda power plant was built, the glacial water was redirected into a tunnel to turn the turbines. In place of the old river, only a small stream now flows (in comparison with the former powerful glacial river) of beautiful blue-green spring water that feeds the waterfall.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Landmannalaugar, Landmannalaugar, South Region
Our make destination for a day is Landmannalauagar, the home for Laugavegur and many other notable trails, including the path onto the mighty mountain Brennisteinsalda (Sulphur Wave). Visitors can also traverse the trail up the Blahnjukur (Blue Pick) volcano, whose summit allows for a sweeping view of up to five glaciers on clear days.
There are six marked hiking trails prepared here for tourists. To more or less get acquainted with the lava fields and formations, to see the colored mountains of Landmannalaugar, we recommend following route 1 (4 km. 1,5-2 hours) along the Laugahraun lava field, the mountain Brennisteinsalda, and Graenagil (Green Canyon), or on the route 2 (5,7 km. 2,5-3,5 hours) along with the Blauhnjukkur volcano. And, of course, we plan to relax and bask in the natural hot springs near the camping site.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Volcano Hekla, Iceland
On the way back we shall use a road through the Domadalur valley and get close to Hekla, the most active volcano in Iceland. It has been the inspiration for many myths and legends and has produced more lava fields than you will find anywhere else. Despite erupting as recently as the year 2000, thankfully, the volcano now stays dormant, but regularly monitored by scientists for any volcanic activity.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop off outside of Reykjavik are available at additional costAirports
- Keflavik Intl Airport, 235 Keflavikurflugvollur Iceland
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A maximum of 4 people per booking. Tours of more than 4 may be operated in separate SUV´s
- Operates in different weather conditions, please dress appropriately, hiking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow official requirements from the Icelandic Directorate of Health. Detailed information can be found at the website: https://www.covid.is/english
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.