Landscapes of Alentejo - Évora Tour from Lisbon
Come visit the beautiful landscapes of Alentejo, connect with nature and visit the historic and ancient city of Évora. Its elegance and beauty are recognized by anyone who has seen it. Renowned by UNESCO as a World Heritage City, Évora is surrounded by ancient walls with an incredible castle at the center. In this tour you will be able to rediscover Portuguese history by visiting Évora’s museums, its “Temple of Diana” and the “Chapel of Bones”. We offer the option of a guided tour through one of our most famous wineries and farmsteads. Depending on availability, the farmsteads in question are “Herdade do Esporão” or “Herdade da Cartuxa”. A must see for wine and history loves alike!
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- We begin by picking you up in Lisbon at your desired Hotel/Address. At 10am we are arriving at the impressive UNESCO-listed city of Évora, where you will learn about the history of the city and its monuments.
The plan is to begin with a visit to the Cathedral of Évora and the museum inside. Lying on the highest spot of the city, The Cathedral is a Roman Catholic Church, the oldest and most important monument in the city. It is part of the historical city center and the seat of the "Archdiocese of Évora". Afterwards we take a stroll through the historical city center where you can check out the ruins of the Temple of Diana.
Depending on the time and your wishes we may next stop for lunch or go visit the "Chapel of Bones". The Capela dos Ossos (Chapel of Bones) is one of the best known monuments in Évora, Portugal. It is a small interior chapel located next to the entrance of the Church of St. Francis. The Chapel gets its name because the interior walls are covered and decorated with human skulls and bones. Évora is full of churches and we can follow the tour by visiting them all. If not, you may prefer a visit to the main museum, the "Évora Museum".
In the afternoon we can take a visit to the Palace of Dukes of Cadaval and its church "Igreja dos Lóios". It belongs to the Duke of Cadaval family, and today it has a harmonious architectural elements combination: Moorish (Mudéjar), Gothic and Manueline period. The palace with its 17th-century facade is constituted in part by an old castle burnt in 1384. Today it is dominated by a tower called Tower of the Five Shields.
If you chose to visit a winery/farmstead the above visit will be replaced by this small tour. Here we will take you on a unique experience to connect with nature. A stroll through the estate to show you different plantations and fields that are common in this area of Portugal. The farmstead has a strong agricultural component for those who enjoy the process. Every crop and/or tree plantation will be explained in detail. The options are "Herdade da Cartuxa" or "Herdade do Esporão", two of the most famous wine producers in Portugal.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your designated hotel/address.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.