Langtang Valley Trek - 10 Days
Langtang Valley Trekking may be the most accessible trekking area in Nepal yet it has remained mostly unnoticed by trekkers until now. On the Langtang Valley Trek the view of the valley and the mountains is constantly changing, but always incredibly beautiful.
At Langtang, 3430m, the landscape begins to seem surreal. The whole valley is open on all sides and dry as a desert. The magnificent Langtang Lirung, 7246m, dominates the myriad of huge peaks. As we climb the final distance to Kyanjin Gompa, the mountain views seem to become more and more magnificent with each step. A knoll overlooking the village gives a 270 degree panoramic view of glaciers and 5000 meter snowy white peaks.
At Kyanjin, 3870m, there is a monastery that is over 600 years old. Imagine the faith and determination it took to build this and survive the harsh winters around the same time Columbus discovered America.
From Kyanjin Gompa there are two equally awesome peaks to climb, depending on your energy levels.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer from Airport – Hotel – Airport: Car, Van, Hi-ace or Coaster in a private vehicle.
- Authentic Nepali welcome dinner with Live Nepalese Cultural Program.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, Two nights on Twin share Bed and Breakfast Basis.
- Accommodation during Trek ; local lodges 7 nights (Full board meals with twin-share rooms )
- English speaking experienced Sherpa guide (Govt. Trained/License Holder).
- Porters: One porter for 2 Trekkers basis.
- Trek Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- Energy Supplies ( Snickers, Mars, Bounty) and Fresh Fruits on the Trek
- First aid medicine kit.
- Langtang National Park Fee, TIMS permits & all required permits or Official Documentation.
What's excluded :
- Your Personal Travel Insurance.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Lunch & Dinner in cities - allow $ 10 to 14 for per meal in Tourist restaurants.
- Beverages (soft drinks, mineral water, boiled water and beer).
- Tips for guide, porters and driver (customary).
Langtang Valley Trekking- 10 Days
Day 1 :Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2 :Drive Kathmandu –Syabru Besi, 1505m
Day 3 :Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel, 2415m
Day 4 :Lama Hotel to Langtang, 3430m
Day 5 :Langtang Village to Kyanjing Gompa, 3870m
Day 6 :Rest day in Kyangjin Gompa
Day 7 :Trek to Lama Hotel
Day 8 :Trek to Syabrubesi, 1505m
Day 9 :Drive Syabrubesi - Kathmandu
Day 10 :Happy Departure
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet at the Hotel.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/22/2020 - 7/26/2022
Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM Sunday: 09:15 AM - 05:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Best Seasons for Langtang Valley Trekking : The best seasons for the Langtang Trek are from October to mid-December and from March to May. These months are known for sunny and warm weather and outstanding views. For those who don’t mind the cold, trekking in December to February is also good and you will have the trails to yourself!
- Langtang Valley Trek is a Tea Houses/Lodge Trek : Accommodation is included in the cost of your package. Annapurna Foothills Treks takes great care to arrange the most comfortable accommodation possible throughout your stay. In Kathmandu, our clients enjoy four nights in the Hotel Shakti or Hotel Norbu Linka before and after heading into the remote regions. During the trek, the nights will be spent in clean and comfortable tea houses with plenty of character and good food. The simple rooms usually have two narrow beds. The family run lodges are a great place to get to know the Nepalese people. In Nepalese culture, a guest is equal to god, and surely this has become even more of a reality since the tourism industry has improved their meager opportunities to earn. You will be made very welcome!
- Meals on the Langtang Valley Trek : Three meals a day are included during your Langtang Valley Trek. The menu will be fairly simple, but freshly cooked and hygienic. You can enjoy typical Nepali, Tibetan and Sherpa food, as well as all types of international cuisine. Dinners and breakfasts will be provided in the teahouse/lodge where you spend the night. Lunches will be eaten in a teashop on the way to the destination of the day.
- Local Customs You Should Know About for Langtang Valley Trek : Ethnic groups of the hilly and mountain regions are predominantly Buddhist, and you will see many mani stones, stupas, gumbas and prayer wheels. It is respectful to pass these objects with your right side nearest to the object, in a clockwise direction. Avoid sitting or standing on mani stones, stupas, tables used for worship or anything that is a religious symbol, as that is considered disrespectful.
- Travel Insurance for Langtang Valley Trek : Annapurna Foothills Treks strongly recommends that you have adequate insurance coverage to trek into this remote area. You need specialized travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, injury, lost baggage, liability and medical treatment. Make sure the insurance covers all the activities that you will be undertaking during your stay in Nepal. Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expeditions Pvt. Ltd. can organize the appropriate medical response based on your policy.
- Drinking Water on Langtang Valley Trek : We suggest that you drink boiled water or bring chlorine tablets to purify the normal water available in the guest houses along the way. There is a small fee charged for the boiled water. Although mineral water is available in most places, there is no provision to dispose of the plastic bottles, so we encourage the guests to do what they can to protect the environment.
- Fitness/Health : If you have a reasonable level of fitness, this trek should be more than manageable. The altitude becomes more noticeable the higher we go, so we walk at a slow pace and take plenty of breaks to rest and acclimatize.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.