Langtang Valley Trek - 8 days
The short, sweet Langtang Valley Trek is a Himalayan classic. It is a less-trafficked, but equally stunning alternative to the Everest and Annapurna regions. Considered a sacred area, the Langtang Valley holds countless cultural and natural wonders. Also, Langtang National Park, established in 1976, is Nepal’s first protected Himalayan area, meaning that wildlife is in abundance and species such as the Himalayan black bear, the Himalayan tahr and more are found inside park. Trek through Tamang villages up to the secluded Langtang Valley. Be met with heart-warming hospitality before making a final push to reaching Kyanjin Ri (4773 meters/15,659 feet), where we witness an astonishing 360-degree panorama of over 21 snow-capped peaks.
If you are on a short vacation and still want to have a great experience in the Himalaya, the Langtang Valley Trek is the right choice!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation to and from Tribhuvan Airport.
- Two nights in a 2-3 star hotel in Kathmandu, breakfast included.
- All transportation for the trek.
- Local guest house accommodation in the mountain.
- Government-authorized experienced guide and porters.
- Insurance, food, accommodation, and wage for guides and porters.
- Hygienic meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- All equipment (sleeping bag, Down Jacket, Crampons)
- First Aid Kit.
- Map of Langtang Valley Trek.
- Service charge and government taxes.
- Post-trek celebration dinner in Kathmandu.
What's excluded :
- International airfare.
- Meals in Kathmandu (besides breakfast)
- Your personal expenses, shopping, etc.
- Shower and electronic charging fees at guest houses during the trek.
- Alcoholic drinks, chocolates, tea and coffee.
- Tips for guide and porter.
Plenty to explore in Kyanjin Gompa, including the monastery and one of Nepal’s oldest Swiss cheese factories, (which you’ll be delighted to sample!)
Several optional day trips, including Langshisa Kharka, Kyanjin Ri(4773m), Tserko Ri(4985m), each offering some of the most superb views in the region
Lush pine, bamboo, and rhododendron forest
Rare wildlife including the red panda, Himalayan tahr, and the Himalayan black bear
Exceptional hospitality and cultural beauty of the Tamang ethnic group
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1420m) by bus, 7-8 hours.
Day 02: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2340m), 5-6 hours.
Day 03: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3480m), 5-6 hours.
Day 04: Trek from Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m), 4 hours.
Day 05: Exploration/Day Hikes around Langtang Valley.
Day 06: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2340m), 6-7 hours.
Day 07: Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi via Sherpa Gaon, 5-6 hours.
Day 08: Drive back from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by bus.
• Kyanjin Gompa, Langtang National Park 44600 Nepal
• Langtang Valley, Langtang National Park Nepal
Departure Point :Breeze Adventure Pvt. Ltd, Thamel Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.