Lansdowne a Serene Himalayan heaven from Delhi
Lansdowne is a Himalayan hill station in the secluded mountain reaches of Uttaranchal.
Surrounded by beautiful oak, silver fir, spruce, bamboo and pine forests, it is a summer getaway for nature lovers and romantics
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight budget accommodation (private room)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Lansdowne
- Entry/Admission - Delhi Airport Metro Express
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- local guide
- any local adventure activities
Day 1: delhi to lansdowne
Stop At: Pauri Garhwal, Lansdowne 246155 India
Day 01: You will be picked-up from your hotel/railway station/airport in Delhi. and taken to Landowne. Arrive and stay in a hotel in .
Serene and calm, Lansdowne is a hill station in the secluded reaches of Uttaranchal. Surrounded by beautiful oak, silver fir, spruce, bamboo and pine forests, it is a summer getaway for nature lovers and romantics. This hilly town was established as a British cantonment in 1887 and named in honor of the Earl of Lansdowne, the Viceroy of India (1888-1894). Now it is the headquarters of the famous Garhwal Rifles of the Indian Army. You won't find much of popular tourism here and it is as if the town intends to preserve its local charm and sanctity.
Just like other hill stations of north India, Lansdowne has a number of temples and shrines to visit. Jwalpa Devi Temple is located 47 Km from Lansdowne on thePauri-Kotdwar Road, while Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple 30 Km away is one of the oldest sidhapeeths in India. An especially holy Shiv Linga is the highlight of this temple. Other temples in the vicinity include Durga Devi Temple. There is a British church which isn't well kept but you can visit it to see the stained glass windows. Other musts in Lansdowne are Snow
Lansdowne is wonderful place for people who wanted to get rid of daily routine and hectic metro city life. It’s a beautiful place to visit, especially for honeymooners. Here you can relax your mind and soul there at the average temp of 18 deg. Not much of the adventure you will find there but wonderful place for weekend holiday.
Duration: 8 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: night stay in a budget accomodation
Day 2: lansdowne to delhi
Stop At: Delhi Airport Metro Express, New Delhi India
Day 02: Morning & afternoon free to explore more into the mountains. Late afternoon you will be dropped back to your hotel/railway station/airport in Delhi.
Duration: 8 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Delhi hotels/airport/railway stationAirports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.