Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong
Discover a different side of Hong Kong away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Embark on a journey to the biggest island of Hong Kong - Lantau Island. On this full day Big Buddha tour with a professional guide, you’ll discover pristine beaches, traditional fishing villages, lush valleys, soaring mountains and spiritual enlightenment. Ride a cable car from Tung Chung with spectacular views of Lantau Island, Ngong Ping Plateau and the South China Sea. Your Lantau Island tour includes round-trip hotel transport, one-way ferry and lunch.
• Full-day tour of Lantau Island in Hong Kong
• Ride an express ferry across Hong Kong Harbour to Lantau Island
• Visit Po Lin Monastery and the Giant Buddha
• Tai O fishing village and its traditional houses on stilts
• Take a 25-minute sky rail cable car from Ngong Ping Village to Tung Chung town
• Enjoy a vegetarian lunch at the monastery
• Round-trip hotel transport from Hong Kong Island and Kowloon included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English speakling guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- One-way ferry
- 25-minute Ngong Ping Cable Car Ride
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau Island, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Your friendly guide and expert driver will collect you from pick up point and transport you to the express ferry that will take you across Hong Kong Harbor to the shores of Lantau Island.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
On arrival on Lantau Island, head to Cheung Sha Beach—the longest beach in the area—on a comfortable coach bus, then tour the fishing village of Tai O, where you’ll see traditional stilted home and learn more about daily local life. This Lantau Island Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong will then take you to the top of Ngong Ping Plateau where you’ll see the Tian Tan Buddha at Po Lin Monastery. This famous statue stretches more than 111 fee t (34 meters) high and is the largest seated, outdoor bronze Buddha on earth. Take a tour of Big Buddha and the Po Lin Monastery and savor a typical vegetarian meal at the monastery. This magnificent day ends as you travel from the mountain top by Ngong Ping 260 sky rail cable car to the Ngong Ping Plateau. The 25-minute trip offers up some of the most spectacular natural views and is not to be missed. Once you’ve arrived at Tung Chung Village you’ll make your way back to Hong Kong Island or Kowloon by coach.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up from selected downtown hotels is offered for this tour.Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
Departure Time :7:50 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for elderly or disabled passengers due to restricted access on and off the ferryboat and Ngong Ping cable car. Not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Customers are required to confirm exact pick up point for tour with local service provider at least 24 hours prior to date booked.
- Cable car will be subject to operational and weather conditions, in the event of the when the cable is not available it will be replaced with a coach transfer.
- With immediate affect the Ngong Ping Cable Car is not in operation. Cable car ride will be replaced with a coach transfer.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to operate. If minimum numbers are not met tour will be cancelled.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All travellers are required to wear their masks throughout the tour. Social distancing measures will be followed as per local government's advice.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.