Lares Valley & Machu Picchu
Embark on a beautiful 2 day trek through the Lares Valley, a trek through traditional native communities where you can see how these populations survive & thrive using local resources.
Starting at the Hot Springs of Lares Valley you’ll pitstop for lunch after a fairly long drive from Cusco in the morning. After lunch you follow a trail for about 4 hrs to the first campsite of Huachuasi. Here llamas & horses graze and are kept for many of the farmsteads.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 3, Dinner x2, Snacks + Water included
- Private transportation
- Camping & Dining Equipment included. Sleeping bags available for hire
- Machu Picchu - Entrance Fees, Train Fares, Bus Tickets
What's excluded :
- Domestic Flights, Hotels, Gratuities
- International Flights
1 - Cusco - Lares Hot Springs - Huacahuasi
Setting off from Cusco at 6 am, you'll weave through the mountain routes of the sacred valley towards Lares arriving in time for some lunch. After lunch you'll begin trekking from the 'Bano Termales' of Lares & following an old Inca trail along the Rio Huacahuasi.
2- Huacahuasi - Ipsaycocha - Patacchanta
On leaving Huacahuasi the route weaves through more local 'poblados', with glimpses of the Apu Pitusiray Nevada always in the background. Passing 4,800m the descent then weaves via Ipsaycocha lake, winding down the valley below heading towards Pataccancha. From here, it's onwards to Machu Picchu.
3 - Machu Picchu: Travel & Exploration
At the end of the trek, we finish near to a town called Ollantaytambo, at this point there are a couple of options.
Option 1 - Stay in Ollantaytambo and head to Aguas Calientes the following morning.
Option 2 - Head straight to Aguas Calientes directly after the trek. This option makes the last day of the trek a long one & the following day also, but both options are available.
There are 2 entrance times for Machu Picchu - 7am & 12pm
You can also include hikes to Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu mountain
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel pickup from Cusco or in the Sacred Valley.A pre-trek briefing will be held the evening before.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.