Las Médulas Y Ponferrada
Excursion to the place of Las Médulas, excavated by Roman gold mining, a monument of humanity. And to complete the day visit the city of Ponferrada, a monumental town with its Templar castle.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide view
- Entry/Admission - Las Medulas Natural Monument
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Medulas Natural Monument, Las Medulas Spain
We leave León towards Las Médulas, located about 25 km from Ponferrada. Las Médulas, declared a World Heritage Site, were mines where the Romans extracted gold through the “montium ruin” process during the 1st and 2nd centuries, which was sent directly to Rome.
In the first part of the visit we will go to the reception center for visitors to Las Médulas to see the 15-minute documentary about Las Médulas, at the end of it we will follow the guide to the outside to begin the visit. The visit is guided and is done on foot, it lasts 2 hours. (Clothing and footwear are recommended for field). During the tour we can admire the effect caused on the mountain after exploitation, as well as the extraction process.
After finishing the visit, they will take you to Ponferrada capital of the Bierzo region, there you can enjoy free time, rest, eat and stroll through the city at your leisure. Do not forget to get to know the brilliantly preserved Templar Castle, the Basilica of the Virgen de la Encina or the Monastery of Santa María de Carracedo. Ponferrada hides corners with a lot of charm! At 5:30 p.m. I return to León.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Mundileon, Calle Villa Benavente, 4, 24004 León, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.