Laura Plantation Tour with Transportation from New Orleans
Discover the Mississippi Valley's historic but turbulent past at Laura Plantation on this guided, 5.5-hour tour from New Orleans. Laura Plantation is a restored, Louisiana Creole plantation on the west bank of the Mississippi River near Vacherie. The plantation was run by four Creole women, most notably Laura, for whom it is named. See unique architecture, colorful gardens, and sugar cane fields, and hear stories about all aspects of plantation life along the way. Round-trip transportation and plantation entry fee included.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great River Road, Louisiana
On this 5.5-hour tour, begin with a hotel pickup, followed by a 75-minute drive to the Laura Plantation in Vacherie. Along the way, listen to stories of all aspects of the plantation life
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
On this 5.5-hour tour, begin with a hotel pickup, followed by a 75-minute drive to the Laura Plantation in Vacherie. Along the way, listen to stories of all aspects of the plantation life.
The Laura Plantation tour is considered by many in the tour industry as the best historical plantation tour in the Mississippi Valley. The plantation was run by four Creole women, most notably a woman named Laura, for whom the plantation is named. The women ran the plantation for more than 60 years, using slave labor to do it. See and explore the slave quarters, and discover the unique architecture of the manor house, the colorful gardens, and the sugar cane fields. The house was nearly destroyed by fire back in 2003, but it was rebuilt to the original design using building materials from antique homes. The rebuilding process is a story in itself. The tour concludes with a return trip to New Orleans and a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most New Orleans Hotels other than what is listed. Please enter your hotel at time of booking. If we do not pick up from the location you are providing, you will receive a phone call or email of an alternate possibility.
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- House tour is 80 minutes
- Please specify which hotel and leave a valid cell phone number during booking process
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.