Learn to Cook Nshima, the Zambian Staple Food
MWABONWA NO BEENZU KU KU SHUNGU NAMUTITIMA!
(Welcome to Zambia, home of the smoke that thunders), the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
I’m Sophia, co-founder & proprietor of MWABONWA Cultural Experiences. For over 15 years, I thrived in the Zambia’s hospitality industry serving & arranging activities for our international guests along our tourist corridor, which includes the falls and beyond.
The falls are very significant to Zambia, but there is something much more amazing that falls deeper & and is mightier than thunder! Would you like to experience Zambia, beyond the roar of the mighty Victoria Falls, beyond the tourist corridor? If so be our guest to create a memorable experience!
MWABONWA offers the only way to authentically experience Zambia, through my people & rich culture. We take you beyond the tourist attractions and invite you to be our guest in our providences & homes, where you can experience our Zambian life style as a local.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - nshima plus a pairing
What's excluded :
We invite you to experience Nshima, it's more than our staple food, it's special, it's bonding, it's love, it’s our life.
At Nshima with Sophia, you will.
1. Receive a hearty Mwaboonwa Cultural Experience Welcome.
2. Learn & exchange greetings in several Zambian languages, we have over 72.
3. Receive a brief history of Nshima to our people & culture.
4. Make Nshima with Sophie.
5. Take part in our traditional hand-washing ceremony before eating.
6. Eat & pair nshima with a relish (veggie or meat) just as the locals do.
Departure Point :Mukuni Park Curio Market, Mwela St, Livingstone, Zambia
Departure Time :7/1/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday: 11:00 AM - 02:00 PM Tuesday: 11:00 AM - 02:00 PM Wednesday: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM Friday: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Maramba, Livingstone, Zambia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.