Learn to Surf at Torquay on the Great Ocean Road
Learn to surf at Torquay on the Great Ocean Road, Victoria's surfing and beach capital. With its sheltered, safe beach and close proximity to Melbourne, the conditions at Torquay are ideal for beginners. You'll learn to surf in waist deep water with fully qualified surf instructors who are also surf life savers. Soft beginner surf board and full length wetsuit are all included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Wetsuit and Soft beginner surf board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Meet at our shop at 1/15 Bell St Torquay to change into your wetsuit and collect your surf board, then walk with your instructor onto the beach at Torquay. We begin with some basic instruction and safety on the beach and then go into the water to waist deep to catch some waves. We return to the beach for more detailed instruction on how to stand up and then spend the rest of the time in the water catching waves with the instructor helping everyone to stand up. We return to the shop to shower and change after the lesson.
Departure Point :Go Ride A Wave - Torquay, 1/15 Bell St, Torquay VIC 3228, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.