Live like a Maasai for 1 Day
Live like a Maasai for one day and experience the nature of Maasailand by walking through the Maasai steppe to an original boma. Your personal guide will not only tell you about the nature and how they make use of the plants for medicine purposes but also about their traditions and culture.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Usa River, Usa River, Arusha, Arusha Region
Please dont mind the location -> our guide will take you into the Maasailand (so we couldnt choose a location from the tripadvisor drop down menu).
You will have the opportunity to wear traditional Maasai clothes yourself and make typical Maasai shoes from old tyres.
Walk into the Maasai steppe with your guide and listen to his stories about nature and traditions.
On the way you will meet a herd and a Maasai child will help you to get them to their destination with whistling sounds. When you arrive at the boma feel free to support the family in their daily tasks of living (milk the cattle, rebuild their house, ....).
You can learn how to slaughter your own goat and invite people from the surrounding area to a feast. Also potatoes and roots will be served.
After an interesting day 'living like a Maasai' you have a whole new understanding of life.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Africa Amini Alama Hospital, Tanzania
Departure Time :11/24/2020 - 12/21/2020
3/15/2021 - 4/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.