Living Legends Champion Racehorse Guided Tour
Living Legends has been established to bring retired champion racehorses back to the public.Based at Woodlands Homestead in Woodlands Historic Park, Living Legends is only 6 minutes north of Melbourne Airport and about 20 km north-west of the Melbourne city centre. Come and visit the racehorse Living Legends, the Woodlands Homestead, magnificent heritage gardens, plus wild kangaroos and natural bushland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Living Legends
- Entry/Admission - Woodlands Historic Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Visit the Living Legends down in their paddocks on a self-guided tour. There are gate signs with information and photos of the horses in each paddock. On this guided tour, the horses are brought over to the fence to greet and meet visitors. You will learn about the horses and their personalities on the tour.
During your visit, you will see the wild kangaroos and explore the parklands and enjoy the native flora and fauna and rich human history of the Woodlands Historic Park. See large mobs of wild kangaroos in their natural habitat, only 6 minutes from Melbourne Airport. The park totals over 700 hectares (1730 acres) and contains valuable remnants of the most southerly Victorian extent of grassy woodland open forest. The park also contains scarred trees and surface scatters, evidence of the Woiworung Aboriginal people, who lived in the area before Europeans arrived.
You also have the opportunity to visit Woodlands Homestead. Wander through the historic Woodlands Homestead, which is a rare example of an early prefabricated building and gives a glimpse of the landscape of Victorian settlers in the 1840s. Staff members will be available to answer any questions that you might have about the homestead.
Drop in for delightful refreshments at Living Legends (at own expense). Have a Devonshire tea, a great coffee from the Coffee Cart, tea, or a light snack. All are available for purchase in the homestead, along with a selection of Living Legends merchandise.
Perhaps before or after your guided-tour, enjoy a picnic lunch among the magnificent River Red Gum trees at Living Legends, or in the Somerton picnic area where picnic tables, water, toilets and electric barbeques are available. Pack your own picnic, or you can order a tasty picnic hamper as part of a Living Legends gift package to save yourself the trouble!
There is also the opportunity to explore the many Woodlands Historic Park tracks including the 1.5 km (1 mile) Moonee Ponds Creek Nature Walk and the 2.5 km (1.6 miles) Murrup Gurrong Yan (Spiritual Creek Walk), and admire the native flora and fauna along the way. You can also walk up the nearby Gellibrand Hill, a 204 metre (670 ft) hill that allows you to explore granite boulders and enjoy a 360° view of the city, the bay, the Great Dividing Range and Melbourne Airport. Horse-riding paths are available across Woodlands Historic Park for those who wish to bring their own horses (horse entrance off Somerton Road).
Departure Point :Living Legends, Woodlands Dr, Greenvale VIC 3059, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.