Local Market Tour and Private Cooking Class and Meal In the Middle of Inle Lake
Join your host Min for a private tour of the local market before you climb aboard his boat and head to his home in the middle of Inle Lake to experience a hands-on cooking lesson. Min and his wife will teach you to cook popular Burmese (Shan) dishes in their open, outdoor kitchen in the middle of beautiful Inle Lake. This unique experience will allow you to learn about Burmese food and culture from a true local and try authentic Shan cuisine you won't be able to find in restaurants!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop-off from your central Nyaung Shwe or Inle Lake hotel
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Min
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Any personal purchases
- After Min picks you up from your hotel, you will drive to the market to learn more about local herbs and ingredients used in Shan cuisine. This is a five-day rotating market, so it is in a different location each day. You will be able to taste different local specialities before joining Min and his wife for your hands-on cooking lesson, where you will learn to make 2-3 Burmese dishes from scratch. Let Min tell you about Inle food, culture and way of life during your two-hour cooking class before you share the meal you helped prepare.
Since the only way to get to Min and his wife May's modest bamboo home that sits atop Inle Lake is by boat, you will enjoy a beautiful ride through the village. The kitchen and dining area are out in the open, in the middle of Inle Lake, with stunning views of the floating garden and mountains in the background - what a beautiful way to get a glimpse into the life of a local family in this magical village and a taste of Myanmar's delicious cuisine!
• Green tomato salad
• Inle fish curry
• Inle fish curry
• Chicken in a lime and basil sauce
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your host Mr. Min will pick you up from your centrally located hotel in Nyaung Shwe or Inle Lake.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a home to meet a local who is an expert cook and share their culture and cuisine together.
- Please note, the market at Inle Lake is closed two days per month, at the full moon and the new moon. Please ask during booking to confirm if your visit coincides with a closed market day.
- Service animals allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.