Local Market Tour and Private Gourmet Cooking Lesson with a Chef in Bogotá
Explore the market with Camilo and Jose and learn about the country’s incredible diversity of products. As you wander the market you will get to taste exotic fruits, drink a special Colombian coffee and sample local traditional food before you join Camilo at his professional kitchen in his food production center. Here, you will learn to cook two to three traditional Colombian dishes with a modern twist. During your hands-on cooking experience Camilo will show you Colombian cooking techniques and teach you how to use local ingredients. Camilo and Jose are an uncle-nephew duo who eager to share the richness of Colombian cuisine and culture. Don't miss out on their local, vibrant and visually appealing meals and the great opportunity to learn from locals and enjoy delicious, local cuisine with them!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Camilo and Jose
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Las Cobadas is a huge market located in northern Bogotá that sells everything a Colombian family uses to cook on a daily basis including meat, fish, grains and other typical ingredients. Explore the market with Camilo and Jose and learn about the country’s incredible diversity of products. As you wander the market you will get to taste exotic fruits, drink a special Colombian coffee and sample local traditional food.
After your market tour, Camila and Jose will host you at a professional kitchen in a food production center - a small, cozy space that is brightly decorated. Using traditional techniques and regional ingredients, Camilo puts a modern twist on classic Colombian dishes. Camilo shops daily at the local market to ensure that he uses the freshest ingredients at the peak of ripeness. A possible meal could begin with a Colombian starter before you’ll enjoy a main dish such as posta negra (tender stewed beef, Colombian-style), mote (typical sweet potato and cheese soup), fried costeño cheese, ensalada con aguacate (salad with avocado) and end the experience with a mouthwatering dessert. Please note that the menu varies every day based on the season and ingredient availability. This is a great opportunity to learn from professional locals who are passionate about introducing their cuisine and culture to their guests!
Departure Point :Bogota, Bogota
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this is an experience with Bogotá locals who are professional cooks and will share Colombian culture and cuisine with you.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.