Loire Valley Chambord & Chenonceau Castles Day Trip with Lunch & Wine from Paris
Step out of Paris and into a fairytale, travelling in air-conditioned comfort to the beautiful Loire Valley. Live like French royalty for a day with local food, wine tasting, and the freedom to explore three astounding châteaux. Your expert, English-speaking tour leader will entertain you between stops with insights and stories about the countryside and the nobility who once reigned over the region.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Gourmet lunch and wine-tasting at Nitray Vineyards
- Small groups of 25 people
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for all sites visited
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Chambord
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Nitray
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Chenonceau
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chateau de Chambord, le Chateau, 41250, Chambord France
From Paris, you’ll head first to Château de Chambord. Disney fans will find this castle’s turrets familiar; it was the inspiration for the castle in ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Though originally conceived as a royal hunting lodge, it was built to a scale that must be seen to be believed. You’ll learn all about the castle’s captivating history from your guide, before getting your own chance to explore. Climb a staircase supposedly designed by Da Vinci; enjoy spectacular turret-framed rooftop views; glimpse wild deer around the grounds; and work up an appetite for the next stop.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Chateau de Nitray, Athee -Sur -cher, Athee-sur-Cher France
A guided wine tasting and traditional three-course meal await you at Château de Nitray. The family that owns this charming 15th-century castle will proudly present their wines and rural French dishes, before granting you the freedom of the estate for a while. The meal includes unlimited wine, but don’t over-indulge: you’ll want your senses sharp for the sights to come.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chateau de Chenonceau, 37150 Chenonceaux France
Last but not least is a visit to the elegant Château de Chenonceau. The chapel, bedrooms and magnificent vaulted kitchens are still furnished and decorated from times gone by, showing off the castle’s many sweeping stone carvings. Don’t miss the impressive main hall, which spans the river Cher, or the gardens cultivated by Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici – two of the famous owners that earned Chenonceau the nickname ‘the Ladies’ Château’. After a guided tour, you’ll have a choice: continue exploring, or indulge in a second wine tasting in the castle’s vaulted wine cellar.
Three uniquely beautiful castles, good food and wine, all amid the scenery of the Loire Valley: this tour is a feast for the senses.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Catacombs of Paris, 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris, France
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour is specifically crafted to respect safety measures and social distancing. Wearing masks is mandatory throughout the tour for all visitors from the age of 11, customers are requested to bring their own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied.
- Please note that due to the pandemic, the wine tasting at Cave des Dômes is suspended until further notice.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Take the opportunity to tour Mont Saint Michel while it is less crowded and appreciate this stunning site on a more exclusive visit.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.