Long Glacier Hike
Spending five hours on the ice means we can search for new ice caves, focus on photography, try ice climbing, access and hike though exciting terrain with the support of ropes for safety, chat in depth about Vatnajökull national park and its wonders, and much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Crampons, Harness, Helmet, ice axe/ pole (if necessary)
What's excluded :
- Rain coat, Boots
The long glacier tour is a proper glacier adventure!!
We love to explore, go to new places on the glaciers and find new features. Icelandic glaciers are constantly changing which requires us to often take new routes and explore as we go. This is all part of the fun!
Usually the most interesting and beautiful glacier features require a few kilometres of hiking to reach them. Ideally one needs to allocate a full day of their holiday itinerary to visiting an Icelandic glacier. This allows us more than enough time to experience the glacier without rushing and gives us complete flexibility with what we decide to do on the tour. Having flexibility means that we can easily cater to your individual expectations and style and provide you with the highest possible standard of experience.
Regardless of whether you prefer to take a nice long relaxed tour with plenty of time for chatting, photography and snack breaks or if you are after a more physically-challenging style of expedition with ice climbing and adrenaline laced into the exploration, we can make it happen on the long tour!
We usually spend approximately 5 hours on the ice on our long glacier tours.
• Vatnajokull National Park, Vatnajokull National Park, East Region
Departure Point :Freysnes, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.