Luxmore Kepler Heli Hike (Minimum of 2 people)
Your wonderful day begins with an amazing helicopter flight. This is an extended flight – more than just getting you to the start of the track. We fly over the largest lake in the South Island (Lake Te Anau) before cruising over a group of “hidden lakes” that can only be seen from the air.
Our first landing is a 10 minute stop on Mt Maury. This landing site is 100m higher than the mountain we will be walking on, so allows you to see the amazing views from above.
We then land at the Luxmore Hut and begin your hike through some wonderful alpine vegetation with our knowledgeable guide who will share their expertise in a friendly and sometimes humorous way. We are now walking part of the Kepler Track.
The views from the Luxmore Hut never cease to amaze.
From here you have the opportunity to take a hike to the top of Mt Luxmore or start the easy hike down to the shores of the lake.
A boat awaits us for our short cruise to the east side of Lake Te Anau.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Our Heli Hikie includes a morning tea of fresh baked date scones, tea, coffee, bisuits and chocolate.
What's excluded :
- Lunch - We do have an optionl lunch menu ($20 per lunch)
- Our extended Helicopter flight, with 2 landings and wonderful photo stops, is a spectacular way to get to the Luxmore Hut. This is a great way to see the amazing Kepler Track in full glory.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from any accommodation within the town boundary.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.