Luxor Shore Excursion: Private Tour of the Temples of Karnak and Luxor Temple
When your ship docks at the Luxor port, explore ancient Egypt on this private half-day shore excursion along Luxor’s east bank of the Nile River. Explore two of Upper Egypt’s most impressive treasures -- the Karnak Temples and the Luxor Temple -- and learn about Egypt’s fascinating history from your expert Egyptologist tour guide. This private tour allows you to determine how much time to spend at each temple.
per adult from
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Viator’s Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- After you are picked up at the cruise port, begin your shore excursion at the Temples of Karnak on Luxor’s east bank of the Nile River. Walk along the Avenue of Sphinx to enter the complex as your expert tour guide explains how its massive façade was constructed. Learn about the legacy left by each of the region’s various pharaohs who built the complex larger and larger. The deeper you go into the complex, the further back in time you'll travel -- the oldest ruins date back more than 3,000 years!
Enter through the Great Court into the Great Hypostyle Hall and marvel at the 134 columns towering above you like an ancient forest. At the rear of the complex lies the Sacred Lake, where pharaohs and their offerings to the gods were once purified millennia ago. Enjoy free time to explore at your leisure before continuing to the next location.
Travel south to the Luxor Temple, once joined to the Temples of Karnak by the Avenue of Sphinx. Dominated by statues of the great warrior Pharaoh Ramesses II, the founding pharaoh of Egypt’s 19th dynasty, this 1400 BC temple has survived countless Nile floods, foreign invasions and thousands of years exposed to harsh conditions. Admire the mysterious inner walls and columns adorned with intricate hieroglyphics, which your guide will help you decipher, and discover the temple’s intriguing history.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Luxor port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Luxor Port
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transport is wheelchair accessible; however, be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited. These may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair.
- As there is walking involved, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Missed port or late ship arrival: You will be issued a full refund in the event that your ship does not make it to port in time for the start of your tour or activity. You will also be issued a full refund for tours and activities cancelled due to a ship’s inability to get into port.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.