Luxor Shore Excursion: Private Tour of the West Bank, Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple
When your ship docks in the port of Luxor, tour some of ancient Egypt’s most famous sites on the west bank of the Nile River on this private morning shore excursion. Follow your knowledgeable Egyptologist guide – an expert in ancient Egyptian history and culture – to impressive sites like the Necropolis in Thebes, the Valley of the Kings and the Temple of Hatshepsut. Learn about the area’s interesting history and enjoy free time to explore at your leisure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Viator’s Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Entrance to the tomb of Tutankhamun (approx. 80 Egyptian Pounds)
- When your ship arrives at the Luxor port, head up the west bank of the Nile River on this private morning shore excursion. Follow your expert tour guide to the Necropolis of the ancient city of Thebes, home to the Valley of the Kings -- a famous burial place for pharaohs of Thebes dating back to 16th century BC. Tour inside the elaborately decorated rooms and listen as your guide points out interesting features. You can also visit the tomb of King Tut for an additional cost.
Leave the hot sands of the valley and make your way to one of the most striking monuments in Egypt: the Temple of Hatshepsut. Learn about the history of the temple and hear the story of Queen Hatshepsut, the famous female ruler of Egypt who posed as a male to gain the throne. Admire the intricate hieroglyphics along the structure’s walls and enjoy free time to wander the large courtyards at your leisure.
Before returning to the Luxor port, stop at the Colossi of Memnon, a pair of massive statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III built 3,400 years ago!
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Luxor port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Luxor Port
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transport is wheelchair accessible; however, be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited. These may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair.
- Missed port or late ship arrival: You will be issued a full refund in the event that your ship does not make it to port in time for the start of your tour or activity. You will also be issued a full refund for tours and activities cancelled due to a ship’s inability to get into port.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.