Luxor West Bank and Valley of the Kings Tour
Explore the West Bank of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Luxor on this private tour with your own Egyptologist guide. You'll discover the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Hatshepsut, and the Colossi of Memnon, and can choose to visit the Tomb of Tutankhamum and an authentic alabaster factory. Tour includes pickup and drop-off from Luxor hotels and cruise ships.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink
- All Fees and Taxes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valley of the Kings, Luxor City, Luxor 85511 Egypt
Your Egyptology guide will collect you from your Luxor hotel or cruise ship at a time of your choosing between 7 and 9am. This is a private tour, so how long you spend at each of the sites on the itinerary is entirely up to you. Cross the Nile River to the West Bank, the city of the dead for the ancient city of Thebes, known as Luxor today. It's a scenic, 45-minute drive through lush crop fields and desolate sandstone mountains to your first stop, the Valley of the Kings. Along the way, your guide will point out the simple house where Howard Carter lived during his search for Tutankhamun's tomb.
This desolate sandstone valley is where the kings of Thebes were buried. After you pay the entrance fee and take a quick look at the visitor's center, your guide will escort you to three richly decorated tombs: guides are not allowed inside the tombs, but he will tell you each mausoleum's story and what to look for. Should you wish to visit the Tomb of King Tut, an additional fee is payable.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Colossi of Memnon, Thebes, Luxor Egypt
As you drive back towards the East Bank, enjoy a quick photo stop at the mighty Colossi of Memnon. These two giant statues mark the site of the funerary temple of Amenhotep III.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hatshpsot, Luxor City, Luxor, Luxor Governorate, Egypt
Leaving the hot sands of the Valley of the Kings, it's a 10-minute drive to the Temple of Hatshepsut, one of the most striking monuments in Egypt. Your guide will explain the history of the temple and the story of Queen Hatshepsut, the famous female ruler of Egypt who posed as a male to enhance her power. Feel free to wander the vast colonnades and admire the intricate hieroglyphic decorations.
Should you wish, your guide will be happy to escort you to an authentic alabaster factory. You can see how this famous local product is made and purchase genuine alabaster souvenirs.
Once your tour is complete, your driver will return you to your hotel or cruise ship.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hotels, cruise ships, or train station in Luxor
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Airport pickup is an additional USD $5 per person payable upon arrival
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.