Luxury 70HP Self-drive boat hire in Latchi €146 Per Boat
Experience the thrills and relaxation of driving your own speed boat with Latchi Watersports Centre. Anchor up in some of the amazing bays along the Akamas National Park including the famous Blue Lagoon. Why not take a set of skis or an inflatable towable dinghy to enhance your fun. Where the land ends the fun begins!!!
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include the fuel surcharge, this is paid on your return. Before you set off, you will be shown that you have a full tank and this will be replenished on your return. Fuel is charged at market rate.
- Hire your own speed boat with just a car driving licence! A full map briefing and boat tuition is given before you set off on this amazing journey. From 1st timers to experienced sailors, Latchi watersports has you covered.
All boats come with snorkelling equipment, a cool box and all necessary safety equipment.
Skis, wakeboards, kneeboards and inflatable tubes are also available.
The coastline of the Akamas is one of the most beautiful in Cyprus.
When you rent a boat you will have many different bays to explore and sights to see along the way. Some of the highlights are described below, although there are also many more bays which are not listed here.
St Georges Island
This island is located around 800 meters offshore from St George’s Reef. On the surface the barren volcanic outcrop is home to multiple species of seabirds, while below the surface the island is home to a vast array of marine life including tuna, groupers, trumpet fish and octopus.
Swim through the cave or around the rocks to this hidden sandy beach, but it’s a secret so don’t tell anyone!
Manolis was a fisherman, to be more precise a dynamite fisherman. According to local legend this is where he gave up fishing permanently...
As you enter this bay you will notice that the water has taken on a beautiful blue colour, this is due to the fine white sand on the seabed. As you progress into the bay you will see the caves and jumbled rocks that make this bay so interesting, when snorkeling look out for the large family of trumpet fish that have made this bay their home and observe the way they change colour relative to their environment.
The Blue Lagoon
The most popular bay in the whole of Cyprus, as soon as you arrive you will be dazzled by the beautiful white sandy bottom and crystal clear turquoise water. The stunning chamili islet provides an impressive habitat for many types of marine life and excellent snorkeling. This bay is a definite must!
There are still four visible cutouts in the rocks for docking boats and its location provides shelter from the prevailing wind, a perfect place to stop for awhile. Look underwater and as you might expect from a harbour you will find some rubbish, but ancient rubbish in the form of amphora. Some are said to be offerings to the gods, whereas others are clearly from shipwrecks. Most of these have now fused into the rocks and have become homes to various types of marine life.
Situated at Cyprus’s western most point, this golden sandy beach is an ideal spot for a picnic and its seclusion makes it an ideal place to get away from it all. From here you will see the offshore reef which is 8km from Latchi harbour and a turnaround point for your trip along the coast.
Departure Point :Latchi Watersports Centre/Self-drive boat hire/ Private Charters/RYA Training Powerboat/Sailing, Latchi Harbour, Polis Crysochous, Cyprus
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No age restriction on who can go on the boats.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We meet all travelers at a starting point.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.