Madu River Safari and Turtle Farm Tour
Take a guided tour to Bentota and enjoy a boat tour in Madu Ganga. Located in Balapitiya, Madu Ganga is famous for its unique mangrove vegetation lines and caves. A relatively unspoiled lagoon, the Madu Ganga estuary is a 915-hectare complex coastal wetland ecosystem that opens to the Indian Ocean. You will also visit a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda before completing your Half day tour.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of a local guide
- Cost of Boat ride
- All government taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project
What's excluded :
- Expenses of personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
13:00: You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Balapitiya.
14:30: You will start a memorable boat tour in Madu river. In this boat trip, you can see kraal-fishing constructions and fishermen making their way in rowing boats to collect their day's catch. The occasional blue kingfisher flies near the kraal, a pond heron stands tall in the water and other wetland birds are arisen from their slumber. Worship at temple island, fish therapy and visit to a cinnamon island are some of the activities you do during this boat ride.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project, 13A Galle Road, Kosgoda 80570 Sri Lanka
16:30: Leave to visit a Turtle Hatchery. Kosgoda is famous for its sea turtle conservation project operated by the Wild Life Protection Society of Sri Lanka. It was established in 1988 to protect Sri Lanka’s turtles from extinction. Since then it has released about 3.5 million baby turtles into the sea.
18:00: You will be driven back to your hotel. You will arrive back to your hotel approximately at 19:30hrs.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Colombo කොළඹ වරාය கொழும்பு துறைமுகம், 19 Chaithya Rd, Colombo 00100, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Colombo, Wadduwa, Kalutara Galle, Unawatuna and Hikkaduwa hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pickup location.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.