Magic Mushroom Canyoning Tour
This unforgettable canyoneering adventure includes rappels and jumps down some of the Caribbean's most spectacular waterfalls. Hike, rappel, jump and swim through the Magic Mushroom section of the Rio Blanco. A beautiful, unspoiled paradise, the tour highlights include a 150-foot rappel down the Magic Mushroom itself and a second rappel or optional 45-foot jump for a thrill perfect for adrenaline junkies! Tour operates from Cabarete, Sosua and Puerto Plata.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cabarete only
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Cabarete (additional cost if desired)
After pick up and the 45 minute drive to our base camp, we meet the other guides and get you geared up in wetsuit, harness, helmet and life preserver. A quick safety briefing is followed by 10 more minutes van time before arriving at the canyon entrance. The trip starts with a couple of easy jumps before we come upon the highlight of the day, the Magic Mushroom itself. Two intense rappels are followed by some great jumps that can be walked around if you are just in it for the rappels. After a couple of hours in the river and a 20 minute hike out to the transport we're ready to head for lunch and the drive back to Cabarete, arriving at around 2:00pm.
Departure Point :Iguana Mama Adventure Tours & Shore Excursions, 74 Calle Principal, Cabarete 57000, Dominican Republic
Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation is only included from Cabarete. All other locations in Puerto Plata and Sosua have additional transportation charges depending on your hotel location. Additional charges will be paid in cash on the day of the tour. We will provide cost and details on our booking confirmation.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/20/2015 - 12/31/2021
Wednesday: 07:30 AM - 09:30 AM Friday: 07:30 AM - 09:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infants must sit on laps
- SWIMMERS ONLY!
- No fear of heights
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.