Magical crater hike in Vulcano
This is the crater brought to life and where you'll take all five senses for a walk. As an outsider, I'm passionate about the islands with a different perspective. When I first visited Vulcano, no one told me that the crater was something you should do and it pains me that this happens. If you don't know the islands or Vulcano, then you might miss the magic!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
We start with an easy 10 minute warm-up walk along the main road to get to the crater entrance. From there we will take the path, which slowly winds and bends its way to the top (391 metres at its' summit). The path is a mixture of volcanic sand, rock and clay. In parts it can be slightly precarious to walk but it is easily manageable.
There are a two benches during the 30-40 minute ascent (depending on the pace of the group) and there are plenty of opportunities to take a breather and look back at the amazing vista.
When we reach the initial peak, you will find yourself exploring a lunar like landscape, where lies the remains of the last explosion - huge giant rocks that were blasted out from the centre.
Then there is another 5 minutes to the top, from there we will look down into the middle of the crater, take a walk through the absolutely mesmerising sulphuric fumeroles and look out at a panorama of all the other 6 islands on the horizon - providing the perfect backdrop for your photos.
Along the way I will tell you about the islands, the crater, life here and help you with recommendations on places to visit.
We'll end up back at Bar Faraglione.
Departure Point :Faraglione Bar, Contrada Porto Levante, 98055 Vulcano ME, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/19/2020 - 9/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 04:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.