Making Chapatis with Mama Carol
This is an incredibly hands on tour where you get to meet the locals in a rural community and learn how to cook the most famous of all Kenyan delights, chapatis. And when made with fresh fruit its a great, tasty and healthy way to learn all about Kenya as well.
It's an opportunity to meet friendly, happy locals who will welcome you into their family home and enjoy a once in a life time experience. This is such a unique tour and it's not a tour bus experience. This is where you meet people whose culture and history is so different from your own and it's an experience that few travelers ever meet.
And in the shade of mango and avocado trees it a picnic Kenyan style. And over an informal introduction to the art of making chapatis you will be with people who sing and dance every day of their lives. It's a truly memorable experience..
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A personal guide to supervise all the cooking activities
- Tea, coffee and water
- Return transfers in fully air conditioned vehicles
- 20 images of your visit
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ngong Hills, Nairobi Kenya
The home that you are travelling to is in a semi rural area just 20 minutes from downtown Nairobi. The home you will be travelling to is in a small farming community surrounded by maize fields
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from and return customers to the Sarova Panafric Hotel
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.