Maldivian Cooking Class and Lunch
It has to be said you can’t beat home cooked food and with our taste of local life not only do you assist in selecting the ingredients from the local market in Male you get to spend time with a local family. Prepare local dishes and then enjoy eating them alongside the family in their home.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cooking demonstration
- Local lunch and fruit juice
- Transfer by local ferry
- All local tax
What's excluded :
- Personal expenditure - snacks and souvenirs
- Your tour starts with a visit to the local market and fish market on Male, shopping for the produce to be used in making a delicious lunch. Whilst at the market savor the aromatic smells and taste fruit and vegetables that you may have not come across before. Once your purchases are complete take the public ferry to Hulhumale a 20 minute crossing followed by a short walk to the home of your local family host.
You will be welcomed into the family and encouraged to participate in the preparation of each of the dishes, which include chopping vegetables, preparing the fish, coconut grating & milking.
Once the cooking is complete the table will be set to enjoy a freshly cooked meal with members of the family. Around the table you can share your thoughts about the cooking process, learn more about the Maldives or you could learn some useful words that you can use during the remainder of your holiday.
Safety has always been important to our business, this is why our guides are Emergency First Responders & Life Guard Certified. We are now working on ensuring our tours will meet the criteria required in a post COVID world including but not limited to social distancing and sanitation.
• Maashuni - A mix of tuna, onion, coconut, lime and chili eaten with a flat bread called roshi
• Barabo Riha - Pumpkin curry served with rice
• Accompaniments - A selection of vegetable dishes made from ingredients where possible grown in the Maldives. These may include banana flower, gourds, salad leaves.
• Fresh Fruit - Desserts are not typical in the Maldives unless a celebration day and therefore we offer fresh fruit again where possible locally produced.
Departure Point :Jetty Number 5, Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Malé, Maldives
Traveler pickup is offered
Rates are reflective of guests joining from Male. For guest’s joining from Hulhumale or Male International Airport requiring return transfer to and from Male there is an additional charge of $30 for 2 persons.Whilst we are happy to provide excursions to guests staying on resorts within Male Atolls, there would be an additional charge for transfers between the resort and Male. This cost will be dependent on the distance the resort is from Male. We would also require permission from the resort to allow us to collect you from their private jetty which can be obtained via the guest relations team at reception. Alternatively, you wish to take the resort transfer to the airport or Male from where we can arrange a guide to meet with you.Airports
- Velana International Airport, Airport Main Rd, 22000, Maldives
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Safety has always been important to our business, this is why our guides are Emergency First Responders & Life Guard Certified. We are now working on ensuring our tours will meet the criteria required in a post COVID world including but not limited to social distancing and sanitation.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All our guide team are: * Have been trained on HPA (Maldives Health Protection Agency) How to Identify & Manage Suspected cases of COVID19 for Tourist Operations. * Emergency First Responder Certified * Level Three International Life Guard Certified
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.