Malta Shore Excursion: Private tour of Valletta and Mdina
While you’re in port in Malta, get to know its two capitals – Mdina, the ancient one, and Valletta, the current one – on this shore excursion that will introduce you to Malta’s history and architecture. You’ll visit many sights like the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, a UNESCO World Heritage City, and you’ll learn of the different cultures and influences that have shaped Malta over the centuries.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private vehicle
- Private tour guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - St. John's Co-Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- On this private shore excursion in Malta, you'll journey in a comfortable private vehicle with a local guide to the fortified city of Mdina, Malta's first capital, dating back to before Roman times.
Together with your guide, you will stroll through Mdina’s quaint winding streets, admiring its blend of medieval and Baroque architecture and the beautiful homes and palazzos still used by old Maltese noble families. Enjoy the view from the bastions of the ‘Silent City,’ and listen as your guide points out the Mdina Cathedral and the Museum of Natural History, housed in a palace once owned by Grand Master Manoel de Vilhena.
You’ll then leave Mdina and proceed to Valletta, Malta’s current capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you will go on another walking tour, starting with a visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Valletta's highest vantage point and an ideal place for photo opportunities of Malta's lovely Grand Harbor.
Continuing through Valletta, you will walk past various stately buildings such as the Auberge de Castille, which houses the office of the Prime Minister, and then arrive at St John's Co-Cathedral, the16th-century church built by the Knights of Malta. Revealing a staggering display of Baroque art, it houses some of Malta's finest treasures; two masterpieces by Caravaggio, The Beheading of St John the Baptist and St Jerome, hang in the oratory. At the end of the tour, you will be returned to the cruise terminal.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malta port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If arriving by ship, you will need to walk along the quay and through the terminal building. The guide will be waiting for you as you exit the terminal. If arriving by ship, you will need to walk along the quay and through the terminal building. The guide will be waiting for you as you exit the terminal. Note:In the unlikely event that your ship docks in Senglea (across the harbor from Valletta), the ship will provide a complimentary boat transfer across to Valletta. Please take this shuttle and proceed through the terminal building as per the normal instructions to the meeting point. We pick up from all hotels. Just let us know where you are staying and we will organise.Ports
- Pinto Wharf, Floriana. Valletta Grand Harbour
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks must be worn in vehicles and in museums
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.