Market shopping and Greek cooking class
During this class not only you will learn how to cook like a Greek, but you will also learn how to buy the best local ingredients. At CookinAthens we use only the best local and in-season ingredients in order to offer you the best culinary experience and the one of the best meals you are going to have in Athens.
- Totally hands-on class
- Learn to cook at least 5 traditional Greek dishes that can easily be repeated back home
- Enjoy good Greek wine and nibbles while cooking
- Small groups (up to 10 persons) for a totally personalized experience
Leaving the cooking studio you will take with you not only memories of one of the best meals you had in Athens, but also the recipes of what you cooked so you can recreate the whole menu back home.
Of course if you have a favorite Greek dish you wish to learn how to cook, please don't hesitate to ask for it when you make the booking.
Vegetarians and vegans are welcome. Please let us know upon booking for any dietary restriction.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- First we are going to meet at the cooking studio and have a typical Greek breakfast (Greek coffee and koulouri) with a perfect view on the Acropolis, while preparing our main course (Greek lamb slowroasted in the oven or slowroasted Greek rooster).
Then we will prepare our shopping list and walk to the Athens Market to buy ingredients for the rest of our courses. We will return back to the cooking studio and prepare our appetizers, salad and dessert to accompany our main course.
- You will learn to cook from scratch at least 5 traditional Greek traditional dishes, according to what's in season. .
- We will provide you the recipes and the best local ingredients
- Under our directions you will learn the secrets of traditional Greek cuisine so you will be able to recreate the whole menu back home.
After our class you will take with you
- the recipes so you can recreate the whole experience back home
- tips and hints to make your stay in Athens even better
- memories from one of the best meals you had in Athens
Our classes take place at CookinAthens, a cooking studio at a totally renovated loft in the center of Athens with a breathtaking view of the Acropolis.
• Tzatziki - yogurt dip with garlic, cucumber and dill
• Spinach pie or cheesepie - You will learn how to make handmade phyllo pastry. We will then bake a spanakopita (spinach pie) or cheesepie.
• Stuffed peppers with cheese OR meatballs OR fava OR eggplants with tomato sauce
• Greek Salad - Greek salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, onion, kalamata olives, green peppers, fresh cheese, small rusks ans extra virgin olive oil
• Lamb OR Rooster with pasta OR Revithada (vegeterian) - Slow cooked lamb with potatoes in the oven OR
Slow cooked rooster with tomato sauce and Traditional Greek Pasta OR
Revithada (baked chickpeas)
• Greek yogurt mousse OR Loukoumades OR Ravani OR Ekmek from Zante
Departure Point :Evripidou 90, Athina 105 53, Greece
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- - Classes up to 10 persons - personnel will wear face masks - hands and phone sanitation upon entrance - food grade gloves and face masks are available - class and facilities are sanitized before, during and after class
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.