Market Tour and Gourmet Peruvian Cooking Lesson with a Professional in Urubamba
Upon your arrival, Anilu will greet you with a friendly welcome and explain the day’s activities. Then you will set off in a rickshaw to visit the local market. As you walk through the market, Anilu will introduce you to the regional fruit, vegetables and livestock like chickens, guinea pigs, ducks, sheep and alpacas.
After the tour, you'll join Diego in his outdoor kitchen where he will show you how to make classic Peruvian dishes like ceviche, lomo saltado (marinated beef sirloin, sautéed with onions, peppers and fried potatoes), tacu tacu (rice and roasted beans), papa la huancaína (potatoes with a spicy, savory sauce) and causa rellena (potato puree garnished with yellow aji sauces and lemon, stuffed with onion, avocado and tuna). You will learn how to properly cut the fish for the ceviche, how to carefully balance flavors in Peruvian cuisine and some of Diego's favorite cooking tricks!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Anilu
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Anilu and her husband Diego run a small B&B called Pakakuna Posada located in Urubamba, Peru’s Sacred Valley. Their home is an hour and a half drive outside Cusco through a beautiful, rugged mountain landscape. Diego is a professional chef and worked in restaurants in Lima. Anilu is not a chef, but she loves to eat and in her previous professional life she was a food engineer. They moved to Urubama for a slower pace of life and the chance to raise their young twins in the countryside. The B&B has a warm, relaxed feel and is decorated with artisan furniture and curios made by local artisans. Diego cooks traditional Peruvian dishes with gourmet quality, so be prepared to eat well at their home!
Diego can demonstrate how to cook the dishes, or you can have a hands-on lesson. Just let them know your preferences!
Alcohol is available for purchase at the Pakakuna bar. They have a variety of local beers and cocktails on offer.
Departure Point :Meet your hosts at their home in Urubamba.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Urubamba home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Peruvian culture and cuisine together!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.